Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Mark Halwa

1. Mark Halwa

Horn upgrade

Oh yeah, went from Barbie to the Hulk! It isn't crazy loud, some forum members have installed train horns, but it gets people's attention. As for the install, I was leaving for an extended trip and ran out of time so I had my local mechanic do it - a very easy install.
  2. Mark Halwa

Horn upgrade

I too thought the factory Barbie horn was silly. So I bought a Big Bad Max 619 air horn, and installation is next. I believe the factory horn is installed on the drivers side near the battery, could anyone else who replaced Barbie let me know specifically where the OEM one is relative to my...
  3. Mark Halwa

Horn upgrade

When I press the horn button on my 2021 Longhorn, the sound is laughable. It is so tiny and squeaky, makes me think I'm driving a go kart. I know some have put in train horns which is too much, but has anyone found something that could at least scare a mosquito away because my horn wouldn't.
  4. Mark Halwa

Adding camera to Digital Rearview Mirror

So it may be possible to extend the CHMSL camera by adding ~30 feet of Fakra cable to the camera on my 2021 Longhorn which is currently blocked by my truck topper and the digital rearview mirror will display the image from wherever I put the CHMSL camera? If anyone successfully does this...
  5. Mark Halwa

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Another option would be to remove the Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) from the top of my cab and extend it somehow to the back of my trailer. Considering I have a truck topper on, the CHMSL doesn't do anything anymore. Has anyone successfully done that, or does moving that camera somehow...
  6. Mark Halwa

I paid $80,000 CDN, or about $62,000 USD + tax on a fleet deal.
  7. Mark Halwa

I have a 2021 Longhorn with the XFQ option (Trailer Camera Wiring - No Camera) and the digital rearview mirror. Does anyone know if I can purchase a single wired camera and have it display on the digital rearview mirror? Here's my truck configuration: And here's the plug on the right side...
  8. Mark Halwa

1) - I have a 2021 3500 Longhorn with the XFQ option and read the RAM camera wasn't good. Has anyone found a camera with good resolution to connect to the plug on the right side of the license plate? 2) - I might be dreaming but, can the camera's image be displayed on my digital rearview mirror?
  9. Mark Halwa

Annoying switching between km's and miles

When I search for an address, sometimes it provides directions in miles and sometime in kilometres... Being in Canada, I'd prefer kilometers, but why the constant switching? Anyone figured out how to keep one measure of distance stable?
  10. Mark Halwa

Let's see your White trucks with aftermarket rims

it is an MX top, here's my order sheet (in Canadian dollars) Your Truck Details: 2021 • Dodge • Ram 2500/3500 • Crew Cab • 76.0 in. A.R.E. Model: MX - $2960 Your Cap Build: • Interior Carpet: Dark Gray Headliner - $194 • Front Window: Aluminum Framed Tilt-Down Picture Window - $133 • Light...
  11. Mark Halwa

I really like the all white version, here's mine with the ARE topper now installed.
  12. Mark Halwa

Setting a Home location my GPS cannot find

I live in a small town, and when I enter my address it cannot find it. With the exception of finding my house the GPS works perfect and it has routed me to every other place I've entered into the Navigation system. Is there any way to set the Home location by parking in the driveway and...
  13. Mark Halwa

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

My experience: Dec 31, 2020-ordered Feb 5, 2021-pricing confirmed ($550 increase) Feb 15, 2021-VIN provided Apr 8, 2021-dealer informs me truck is waiting on microprocessor(s) May 12, 2021-truck arrives in Calgary on a train May 17, 2021-truck offloaded from train May 19, 2021-truck delivered...
  14. Mark Halwa

I have a 24 foot Lance travel trailer, here it is unhitched.