Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Lowbagg

1. Lowbagg

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

Yeah.. I do lose the horn for 8 seconds when I leave the vehicle. How did you set your up?
  2. Lowbagg

I can confirm that it works. Just using the VSIM wirea (start/run wire for power; any door open for trigger; horn panic disable) absolutely kills the horn only when fob leaves the truck. My timer is set to an 8 second countdown. After that horn goes back to normal. Horn works when truck is...
  3. Lowbagg

You can use this page VSIM information and pinout to identify the wire, the signal type, and when it is active Brown connector pin 13 to ground kills the horn. So I will have to give that a try. If it works, then no reason to cut and re-route horn harness.
  4. Lowbagg

Installed this Time delay relay connected to the VSIM on my truck. Using the "run" sense wire to power the relay and the "any door open" signal to trigger the relay. As soon as door opens the relay opens. I cut the power wire going to the horn and routed it to the relay NC side. Horn works, but...
  5. Lowbagg

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

Another FYI for those that still have issues.. I just received a call from FCA regarding the preset issue and the complaints I have filed with them. I was just given a 3yr maintenance contract (oil change and tire rotation) for FREE. They did say the resolution is being worked on but has not...
  6. Lowbagg

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

Just some food for thought.... Bought a 2021 Dodge Durango Citadel and had Uconnect issues (plenty of them). Eventually they solved it with an update. I presented all my issues after the fact with time/dated pictures of each problem. I asked for (actually demanded) compensation for my troubles...
  7. Lowbagg

Auto wipers/headlights and dash lights

Here is the FINAL word from Ram Customer Care: They are now aware that this is an issue. A supervisor with level 2 (Jim) said he will make the notes and also send the concern to an engineer he knows at RAM. No promises, but he will let him know that the fix should be an easy code tweak and that...
  8. Lowbagg

New updates... Still talking with the Ram customer care folks. But also have a case with the NHTSA. They have called me and want some details. So going to get some video and pictures together.
  9. Lowbagg

Took truck to dealer to have the problem verified. Tech wrote up issue and submitted it against the FCA case number that I have. More info to follow as I get it.
  10. Lowbagg

Just a follow up on this. I made a complaint to FCA about this issue and I have been assigned case number and have an appointment at a local dealer to work with FCA engineers. I'll keep you guys posted about any outcome, but the folks I was talking with did mention that the vehicle should not be...
  11. Lowbagg

Jimmy07: I sent the file (correct one this time).
  12. Lowbagg

I'm aware of what you can do, but the whole purpose is why do I have to? I have another Dodge vehicle that works correctly (no dimming with wipers during the day). So if it's just a simple value that needs to be enabled, then I want to get that enabled.
  13. Lowbagg

OK.. getting that info now.. just got back from a trip....
  14. Lowbagg

I do have it and I can absolutely do any testing you need done. Just let me know what data you need.
  15. Lowbagg

OK.... Thanks... We have a 2021 Durango Citadel and it is smart enough to do that... so I was wondering why the RAM isn't.