Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by lighthawk

1. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

I think I had 37psi on the left side (sink, refer, furnace on that side) and 34psi on the left. FWC weighs 1100 dry, but we had 20 gals water, 7 gals propane and 9 gals extra gas, plus a week of food, with a rocketbox on the roof and two sets of ski gear. I set the pressure by leveling the...
  2. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

Just did a two week trip to Death Valley with the camper on the 3500. Conditions included heavy snow, deep sand, 40 miles of washboard, off camber turns where one wheel lifts off the ground and more. Timber Grove air bags worked great!
  3. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

Same here. We did 500 miles round trip with the new Timber Grove bags, including 20 miles of high speed gravel, and 10 miles of rugged mining roads with a 2000lb camper on the truck. I noticed the truck tracked better on highway curves with the rear "squat" now leveled out. Handling improved...
  4. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

That's a clean install. I also noticed you split your right and left air lines at the rear. I ran both lines down the driver's side frame, then had to cross over to the passenger side, dodging the exhaust pipe.
  5. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

Install took me most of a Sunday, with a little help from my wife lifting the crossbar into place with a floor jack. I was done by 230pm and started around 10am after fussing with the airbag mounts on the rear axle. Instructions were fairly clear until it talked about removal and cutting of the...
  6. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

Yup! We'll be on the road for Thanksgiving also! And that's a pavement trip to the Eastern Sierra. It's really a shakedown for two weeks in Death Valley in December, where we will be 40 to 60 miles from pavement. Today I installed our front receiver hitch (Torklift) so we can bring our...
  7. lighthawk

Timber Grove Air Bags

I installed TG bags yesterday. I had both bags mounted up in less than two hours, but another two hours was spent running the right and left air lines through the frame and up against the truck bed over the exhaust. I sleeved the lines with heavy rubber hose segments for chafe protection...
  8. lighthawk

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

I agree and have a Tradesman 3500. Your sticker was for a 4x2 with a bench seat, otherwise similar to my package with 6 1/2 foot bed. I'm at 2500 miles. I'm getting 11-13mpg on foothill roads unloaded. Down to 10mpg with camper loaded, adding ~3000lbs and terrible aerodynamics.
  9. lighthawk

Front drive shaft

Thank you. I did not know you could do this external to the case. I'll keep that in mind if I can't get things working correctly with OEM. Have a great day!
  10. lighthawk

Front drive shaft

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's my understanding that switching to U Joints would require a different connection to the transfer case. Maybe I should have said that, not transmission. That doesn't sound very simple to me, and I admit I'm not a RAM mechanic. With a brand new truck I'm not ready...
  11. lighthawk

Front drive shaft

Since the truck has 2000 miles on it, I'm going with the dealer to swap out the shaft. But why not just the axle seal, which is what's leaking? My appointment isn't until Nov 3, and I have an extended trip planned in December. I want to get a fix done soon. My mechanic discussed a new set of...
  12. lighthawk

Front drive shaft

We've done several trips in the truck that had extended 4wd sections. We just did 300 miles of dirt in Nevada including crossing Black Rock Desert, Soldier Meadows and High Rock Canyon. I use 2wd as long as I can, but there were many miles that required 4wd. Maybe I've got 100 miles total in...
  13. lighthawk

Front drive shaft

I have a 2021 3500 hemi and just found a bunch of grease has been thrown off the CV joint. Less than 2k on the truck, with 10% in 4wd.
  14. lighthawk

mopar Power Deployable Running Boards

I called my dealer today and the parts guy said Mopar, aka Amp were on backorder until Nov 1
  15. lighthawk

New 6.4 2500 tradesman for full time travel

Nice rig! We've got a 2021 Tradesman CC also in a 3500 wih 4.11 gears. We carry a Four Wheel Camper on back, and sometimes crawl rougher roads. It's been fun upgrading tires and installing a leveling kit. I used a Tundra with the same camper for the last ten years and kept breaking things.