Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by LegendaryLawman

1. L

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

Well if you place a parking tag from a lot and it partially obstructs the vin, that an easy ticket to appeal and likely doesn’t meet the vehicle code especially if the vehicle has valid plates on it. Yea I’ve read many things that phones still transmit when off- it’s true. No more days of...
  2. L

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

I don’t use the tolls so no use for those- what burns me are many of those roads were tax payer funded so I need to pay again to use. Yup- vin is covered with a parking tag since some states have laws that intentionally covering it can allow a vehicle to be towed if the vehicle cannot be...
  3. L

I’ve owned a 98 camaro ss, 96 ram 2500, 03 ram 3500, 2009 scion xD, 2005 sprinter 2500, 2015 Toyota Highlander, 2018 JK, some classic cars and probably something I’m forgetting…none had any soy boy SOS buttons/tracking devices. What makes me mad is I was essentially forced to pay hundreds for...
  4. L

Stellantis Exec Says Hydrogen-Powered Ram 5500 Is Coming

Terrible idea but I wouldn’t doubt it. It’s all about saving money. It would be a brand killer. If ford could get that contract, my gosh that would be killer
  5. L

My new ram 3500 finally arrived and I got a ton of emails today. One from att (thanks for selling my info to them) asking to sign me up for a $20 truck hotspot, then asking me to sign me up for a connected services app etc. I called ram connected services told them I want to opt out of all...
  6. L

Stellantis Exec Says Hydrogen-Powered Ram 5500 Is Coming

Wonderful, by the time CA outlaws diesels in new model year trucks, Stellantis will be onboard to kill the CTD
  7. L

JScan Remote Start (Truck Honks but No Start)

Same thing happened with my dad’s 22. Drove 35mph, parked. Worked fine since
  8. L

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

For $1500 doesn’t seem like a bad deal. Plus they allow you to use any mechanic to do the work. The Mopar one is likely a better bet I would agree. Have them on my jeeps from Tom winkles. I checked pricing with him today and he’s about 250+ more than granger this time. Granger is a pretty good...
  9. L

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Anyone purchase the LDS (Louisiana dealer service) warranty from mark dodge? It’s around $1500 for a 7yr/75k warranty bumper to bumper. Reviews look good…anyone have any experience with it?
  10. L

Column shifter boot wear

Wha happened to the guy here that was making a better mousetrap?
  11. L

2022 ram CAT rear filter conversion

The housings look beautiful- that rear filter looks nice. If it’s the same micron then it’s a good alternative
  12. L

How late can you Custom Order for same model year?

I was told 23MY was may 18th last year. I would expect MY24 would be same or maybe later since MY25 would be a change year. Corp prob wants to clear out lots to avoid having it discount the hell out of stuff sitting on the lot since Americans love the newest toy even though it might not be a...
  13. L

6 month review

Your dealer needs to be educated on the magnuson moss warranty act. They must prove the mod caused the failure. I cannot see any failure they could say this caused other than a coolant leak directly related to this device which wouldn’t be covered. You could essentially run junk fram filters...
  14. L

6 month review

Dodge AC systems have never been the best to say the least. My 3rd gen was bad, slightly low on Freon added some and made a world of difference. Maybe yours is low from the factory?
  15. L

Custom Glove Box Badge

I’m assuming a blow dryer and a plastic body tool scraper? Does the new one just have double sided tape?