Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Lab_Rat

1. Lab_Rat

MegaCab DRW to SRW conversion

Well it looks like I would need the beefier bones of a 4500/5500 in order to proceed w/those DBL upgrades. Makes sense, as those MRAP wheels ain’t exactly lightweight… I would think the “smaller” frame & axles of the 3500 would fair so well. Dammit lol But that conversion would make any truck...
  2. Lab_Rat

I'll have to do some research into the super single idea. A quick search for pictures of trucks with that setup look pretty dang nice!
  3. Lab_Rat

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

Definitely the lack of telescoping steering wheel, which leads to my right knee coming in constant contact with the 4WD selector switch ‘bulge’. Silver lining: at least the pedals are adjustable, which is somewhat helpful.
  4. Lab_Rat

new 2022 blue DEF code format

Using personal field experience, the first thing that jumps out at me is “22051” as a Julian date, which if correct, would mean 20February2022. As for the other dates, nothing logical comes to mind, but a WAG would be possibly a batch number (00054), and employee badge numbers (CP7 and 8111)...
  5. Lab_Rat

You aren’t wrong…that is my primary option. If it weren’t a challenge to get a SRW 3500 built exactly like my truck, I would do that route 100%. But with the market being what it is…nothing is off the table lol
  6. Lab_Rat

Thanks for the heads up…I’ll have to look into that. If the market is still like it was when I picked up my truck, that 2500 MegaCab Laramie will sell fast.
  7. Lab_Rat

Also: the truck is 4 months old, and has 4,400 miles. Condition is near as can be to “pristine/off the showroom floor”.
  8. Lab_Rat

Before I begin, let me say that when I bought my 3500 DRW MegaCab I needed it for towing, but now that my business is changing direction, I don’t need DRW for towing. So at this point, the DRW is overkill for a “daily”. I’m contemplating selling it outright, but I enjoy the truck and already...
  9. Lab_Rat

New Member.

Fingers crossed. Keep us posted. Can’t wait to see the pics of the new rig!
  10. Lab_Rat

New Member; howdy

Welcome to the forum!
  11. Lab_Rat

Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn

Welcome!
  12. Lab_Rat

New Member.

Howdy from San Antonio! Welcome to the forum!
  13. Lab_Rat

New Member with my first Ram 3500 Dually

I tell ya, it really is a small world ain’t it? I am retired Army myself (22 yrs). We lived in UC for years. We made the move out to LaVernia last year and really enjoy it out here. I see you’re a Bimmer owner, too. I like the E85/86; beautiful design and great chassis IMO. I currently have an...
  14. Lab_Rat

New Member with my first Ram 3500 Dually

Howdy from San Antonio! Glad to have you here!
  15. Lab_Rat

S&b 52 gal tank 2022 ram

Looks great! I had the same thought about getting a “feel” for the accuracy/inaccuracy of the fuel gauge before reprogram it. Side note: I wonder how difficult it would be to find a float switch (already in production for another product) that has the proper length/dimension? Just a guess, but...