Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by kirk-35

1. kirk-35

KAODtech bypass

I had to Google that myself. It's a Ford thing, keeps the fog lights active when high beams are selected.
  2. kirk-35

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Had some spare time this afternoon, so I finally got around to installing my new leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls. I thought I would have to enable the SWC's with Alfa or JScan, but the SWC's worked with no programming required!
  3. kirk-35

ANC bypass connection

If my memory serves me correctly, there are two connections on the ANC module. The connection you have circled plugs into the speaker harness that you will remove from the ANC module. Edit: Here’s a pic from the PAC install guide.
  4. kirk-35

What does the wife have to say about your Ram?

She likes my 2500, but prefers her 2023 1500. We’re in the process of “de-chroming” her truck, she likes modding as much as I do.
  5. kirk-35

I installed the TTPMS gateway and control module, and programmed the system with JScan. The complete installation took about half an hour. I still have to get the TPMS sensors installed in my trailer tires this week.
  6. kirk-35

Wiring harness for adding Steering Wheel Control's

I’m trying to get all the parts together to add Steering Wheel Controls to my 2024 2500 Tradesman. I have the leather wheel (non-heated), bezels for the audio switches and plan to re-use the tradesman steering wheel trim. Switches are in my cart, but I’m having difficulty determining the correct...
  7. kirk-35

Towing with the Power Wagon (Tradesman with Powerwagon Package)

I don't have a Power Wagon, but I use a Husky Centerline and had to have a 10" drop shank on my lifted 2011. https://www.huskytow.com/weight-distribution-shank
  8. kirk-35

Fuel filters backordered

My local O'Reilly Auto has the Mopar filters in stock. $192.98 for the pair. Edit: I just noticed they have 20% off on ship to home orders. That knocks it down to $154.38 for both filters.
  9. kirk-35

Tires.

Take a look at the Hercules Terra Trac AT-X or the Terra Trac T/G Max. I ran the AT -X on my wife’s 1500 and they were an awesome tire. I ran the T/G Max on my 2011 2500 and I refuse to even consider another tire for my truck. I’m about to replace the factory Firestones with the T/G’s on my ’24.
  10. kirk-35

Yellowstone in July

We were actually planning the trip in June. I have reservations at Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground, but I think we've decided to cancel and go next year. We could only get the site for three nights and I don't think that is long enough. I haven't stayed there before, but it looks like a nice...
  11. kirk-35

Installed my new TruXedo. Now I need to find stake pocket covers, the center and rear stake pockets aren't quite covered. Install was easy enough, it went together in about an hour and appears well made. Time will tell.
  12. kirk-35

2023 Tow mode camera options

68586112AA is discontinued. I believe 82216068AB is the correct kit. https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82216068ad.html#col-fitment Benny @ allmopar should be able to verify.
  13. kirk-35

Rough Country leveling kit possible issue?

OP, that looks like a spring isolator issue to me. I’d recommend dropping the front suspension again and verifying the springs are rotated correctly in the isolater . If they aren’t plan on replacing the isolators. Do a google search on Ram 2500 isolators and you’ll see this happens frequently...
  14. kirk-35

Any changes from 4th gen to 4.5 gen bed?

Received the mat this afternoon and rolled it out in the bed. Perfect fit. The sticker on the package said 2002+ Ram 8’, so it looks like the bed hasn’t changed much in 22 years.