Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by kevin588127

1. K

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

What was the speed and wind conditions? Those seem to be the biggest killer of mpg in these trucks, aside from idle time. The best mileage I've ever gotten in mine was on the way home from buying it. Through the hills of Arkansas. I got almost 19 mpg on a complete tank. I think it was due to a...
  2. K

Country driving at 55ish should be getting you much better than 10mpg unless you have a bunch of idle time or city driving mixed in there. My best mileage has been country driving with speeds 50-55 mph.
  3. K

Highway mpg while towing is the only thing I truly care about with my truck. The only reason I care is for range estimation, which is extremely important when you only have a 33 gallon fuel tank. That is my only gripe with this truck. Doing this test off and on over the last year and a half, I...
  4. K

5th wheel towing with Rambox

That's my bad, I said and was thinking Reese goosebox but watching the video, I see he is using an adapter. I had watched the video a long time ago and just quickly searched it up for the OP. Looking at that gen y, it may work with a standard goose neck ball. I'll have to look into that one.
  5. K

It really comes down to how you use your truck. The ram box was always something I thought would be cool to have. I thought it over really hard and figured that the chances of getting a 5th wheel were slim and if I did, there was a way to make it work. For me and how I use my truck, I'm very...
  6. K

I had heard that old school gooseneck adapters were not approved for use on most of the newer campers due to increasing the stress on trailer frame. My dad runs one on an older smaller 5th wheel and it really looks kind of sketchy, but he has had no issues. I thought the goose box was supposed...
  7. K

So not having a 5th wheel, what is the problem with this setup? A friend is running this in his 2022 Chevy. He had no reason to have to go this route other than the obvious benefits of the ultimate hitch. The setup was sold to him by the RV dealer where he purchased the RV. I've also seen...
  8. K

This would be the way I'd go if I ever decide to go 5ver with my rambox truck. he has a second video on his channel showing clearances at various positions of turning. It looks close but looks like it works.
  9. K

I thought there was a guy on YouTube using an Andersen ultimate hitch and a Reese goose box with his rambox truck.
  10. K

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

Yea, you can get a sidewinder pinbox but it pretty much doubles the cost of doing a 5th wheel setup and has to be used with a traditional 5th wheel hitch. If I was to have a 5th wheel, I think I'd want the goose box and something like the Andersen ultimate hitch as to not have to deal with...
  11. K

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

After a year and a half with them, I find them way more useful than I thought I would. My truck gets used as a tow machine primarily. From April to late Sept we spent 18 weekends at an MX track or out in the woods camping, always pulling the toy hauler. The entire bed was filled with tool boxes...
  12. K

2021 2500 6.4 new issue

Waiting patiently to hear about this as well. Mine is like yours and if I didn't know better, I'd think the trans was slipping because that's what it feels like when operated in that range. I won't even bother with the dealer until I know it's a thing. I had to hold their hand to get a PCM...
  13. K

Beware cheap trailer tires

My 2019 puma has castle rocks (king of the china bombs) when I got it. They immediately got replaced with Carlisle 10 plus. Not the most expensive tire but they haven't done me wrong. Iay try the Hercules next time.
  14. K

Navigating in your Ram

Google maps with Android auto works well for me. A little glitchy at times. It works really well for finding fuel or restaurants on the fly.
  15. K

Price negotiated from MSRP

Damn, that has to have about every option and probably a pretty rare build. When I ordered my 22, I was flipping between a moderate optioned BH and a decked out tradesman. I think the tradesman only stickered at 57k, would have been 67ish with the Cummins.