Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by KBob

1. KBob

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

If we are talking about the tab on one of the hard tubes, mine didn't line up, and to attach it would have meant bending the tube. It wasn't bolted down, and I wasn't worried about it.
  2. KBob

Cummins HO Squeaky Belt or Pulley

This answers a question I've been having. FCA hasn't figured out how to fix it yet. Now all I have to do is figure out if I want to chance them removing my balancer and screwing something up, while not fixing the problem long term..................... sigh
  3. KBob

Going to revive this one more time. On my 2020 SO the bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire, although I suppose the belt may be on the 5 year powertrain warranty? Has there ever been a TSB, or an actual cause and effect repair discovered for the belt chirp short of "greasing the belt"...
  4. KBob

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Good for the 2019 owners! I does occur to me if the dealer doesn't read the letter carefully it could seem to them that "all" 2019 trucks need the tank flushed. It was just barely mentioned that tank flushing is only if "contamination is discovered," (a way to save FCA money if contaminated)...
  5. KBob

A while back there was conversation about Regens after pump replacement. Some people were having them all the time, and at least one dealer was reported as saying it was normal, and part of the new programming. In review my 2020 SO did a regen the day after I drove it home from the dealer after...
  6. KBob

Frequent Regen 2020 6.7

I'm new to this thread, 2020 2500 SO. and wanted to share my experience. My dealer is a small town dealer who sells mostly to farmers, and the service department is focused on fixing diesel farm trucks. They got me in fast, did my recall in one day, and my truck has been flawless. Good or...
  7. KBob

My old pump was quiet, and the truck ran perfectly. My replacement was a one day, and done affair. I had logged my mileage driving 70 miles to the dealer, and logged it again on the way home. I got the same mileage with more of a head wind on the way home. This was in July. Since then...
  8. KBob

I guess what I would find interesting is anyone with a 19/20 who says their truck has been totally silent. Never a squeak of any kind from the accessory drive.???
  9. KBob

I had my truck, 2020,2500, out for a 200 mile road trip on Thursday, running empty, not towing. Some 75 mph, some 55 mph, some stop and go. I'm at 1700 miles, and 32 engine hours since my last regen. Never anything on the meter, and I've been watching it close.
  10. KBob

To be clear..... Trucks are reported to do a regen every 24 "Engine Hours" not once a day. I've started logging the engine hours, mileage, and DPF meter readings when a regen occurs. I leave it on the DPF screen most of the time and toggle between other reading I want to see.
  11. KBob

A regen every 100 miles is absurd. If there's something in the program to regen more, I wonder what triggers it? As I mentioned before, I immediately towed 8K 1500 miles after the work was done, and it never did a regen once? I did get a regen driving around empty the day after I picked it...
  12. KBob

I noticed this post too, and have been watching mine. I was probably due for one, and the day after I got home it did one. After that I towed 1500 miles, and have not had one. If yours keeps that up I would think something is off for sure. Any time they "flash" mine I get nervous....... I...
  13. KBob

Mine wasn't attached either. Think maybe it's not a good fit from the factory.
  14. KBob

My pump change Re Cap. 2020 2500 SO. Dropped mine off Monday 6-27 at 8;00 AM and picked it up 4:30 PM the same day. No glitter, just a pump and a flash. They did something with the power steering pump because there was "fluid" on the invoice, and a little residual dripping when I got home, No...
  15. KBob

Well, it's home. 60 highway miles each way, 22MPG both ways. My first impression was I felt some motor vibration in the steering wheel at idle that I hadn't felt before? It may have gotten better since I got home though. We'll see what a cold start does in the morning. Very different sound to...