Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by js4024

1. J

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

My issue was coming and going. They replaced the entire screen, reloaded the software ect. The dealer stated a tech note mentions a loose connection under the headliner. I believe he said to the antenna. They need the truck for the entire day to take out the headliner. Fortunately it’s under...
  2. J

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

There is a loose connection in the headliner. Dealer has like 7 things to check and the headliner is the last thing they want to mess with because it is labor intensive and a money loser for the dealer.
  3. J

2021 ram 2500 headache of problems

I had one, piss poor mileage and MDS issues. A real dog when pulling a 15k lb trailer. If you want problems buy the gasser. If you get on here and whine about the issues you have with your 6.4 or if you ask for an open forum opinion you get what you get. Most people today can’t spring for the...
  4. J

Need more towing capacity

BUY A DIESEL!... get a 2500 with a Cummins 6.7. The guys selling you on the 6.4L are doing so because they could not afford the diesel. (SORRY)... But the diesel comes with a price premium. It will serve you well past the time you want to tow a trailer and be worth a LOT more when you want to...
  5. J

2021 ram 2500 headache of problems

Shoulda bought the diesel. The 6.4L MDS was a design "improvement" over the 6.2L. The engine is a CAR engine. It has MDS which is just asking for valve train issues. The MDS engine that was put into 5.7, 6.2, and now a 6.4 liter truck engine DOES NOT WORK!! It tears up the camshafts and the...
  6. J

Winter Front Grille Cover - Installed

It comes with the cold weather, or snow chief group option? Battery blankets and the like. Mine came with it, not sure exactly the package but it was under the back seat when I got my truck home. In my manual for the 2022 on page 139, it states the winter front cover should be used when ambient...
  7. J

Hemi vs Cummins

The above from a shorty who could not afford the big truck….. any idiot with a 7th grade education knows a diesel will out last a gasser easily by 5x…. Proof is out there…. Next time don’t spend your BIDEN stimulus check foolishly on a parking lot princess! This is the guy who buys a 1500, de...
  8. J

Hemi vs Cummins

The above from a shorty who could not afford the big truck….. any idiot with a 7th grade education knows a diesel will out last a gasser easily by 5x…. Proof is out there…. Next time don’t spend your BIDEN stimulus check foolishly on a parking lot princess! I
  9. J

Hemi vs Cummins

While is is a $9k plus upgrade, the longevity is no comparison. The 6.4 has MDS which is known to work the 4 “on all the time” cylinders harder than the ones that free ride. This causes more ware on the upper end, cams roller bearings ect. Very expensive repair at 130k miles. Big picture…. The...
  10. J

Smell of burned plastic on start

Hey Jimmy Bobby... I am not trying to DIG OUT... I have more time driving in reverser than you do going forward so cut the crap... I am TELLING YOU WHAT THE DEALER TOLD ME! ..... So... I know for a fact my cabin does not heat up quickly in the cold... I live in the cold.... So, When all this...
  11. J

Hmmmm.... looks like I have a few more options than you do... But I will tell you my CAB HEATER doesn't work....LOL.... Dealer said it didn't have one... So maybe I need to do a bit more digging......
  12. J

I am just saying my DEALER didn't have a clue about it... and if there is an electric heater on my 2022 3500 it does not work, OK? I am not trying to say anyone is a liar.. although I did call Bull pucks... So to all who are miffed, offended, or melting snowflakes, I sincerely apologize. All...
  13. J

Cummins 6.7 "Cabin Heating"

Yea, it happens, SOME people are not only ignorant, but they are rude too...On a positive note, I had a guy at one of the multi fuel pumps with his snowmobiles on a trailer.. he filled up the sleds, then went inside to get food... all the while blocking the only diesel pump available.... I...