Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by JP426

1. JP426

Ford extended warranty.

You could try this dealer. https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/
  2. JP426

What did you do TO your RAM today?

It is the electrical controller that sends power to the grid heater, the old one could short out and cause a fire. It is different than the killer bolt that sometimes fails and destroys the engine.
  3. JP426

My local dealer finally had the parts to complete the grid heater relay recall on my 22. While it was there, they also replaced my torn column shift boot under warranty. The only outstanding recall I have now is for the particulate matter sensor. I'm not too worried about that one since my truck...
  4. JP426

Did you use a pvc pipe to temporarily extend the drain hose on the front filter? Seems like a great idea, willing to share the size and length?
  5. JP426

Trailer towing

Does anyone have a part number for this trailer backup camera that connects to the 12 pin connector?
  6. JP426

Toxic Cost of Going Green

My son works for a large public utility, he says they can not get any transformers to install new electrical services. This will be a major hurdle for the needed electrical grid to support green energy.
  7. JP426

I received the grid heater relay recall in the mail Friday stating that the parts are available. I took a drive to my local dealer to see if I could set up an appointment to get all of the recalls done at the same time. I was told they can't get the relays in sufficient quantity to fix all of...
  8. JP426

Lets see what you are towing!

Heading out to a car show about 300 miles away.
  9. JP426

The Other Vehicle

I have a couple of Challenger's.
  10. JP426

Hi all

This site is for the Heavy Duty Rams. You are looking for: https://www.ram-trx.com/
  11. JP426

Dash Cam power

I just wanted to follow up on this, I contacted Dongar today and they originally sent the wrong adaptor (Toyota Tacoma) due to some packaging issues. Even though I ordered in January and didn't contact them until today, they are sending the correct adapter out with apologies, great customer service!
  12. JP426

I finally got the factory bed light kit installed, programmed and working! The connections to the CBC were a pain, because it is hard to access. Alfaobd, with the OBD Link MX+ bluetooth adapter, worked great to add them to the configuration.
  13. JP426

AlfaOBD

I plan on only having my bypass cable connected temporarily when needed, do the batteries need to be disconnected each time you connect or disconnect the KaodTech bypass cable to the white and green CAN blocks?
  14. JP426

Odd story of hydraulic squeal going into drive (68RFE)

I have had this sound when putting my truck in drive from reverse. I have noticed no slow engagement or any performance issues. Keep us informed on what they find.
  15. JP426

Lets see what you are towing!

Just picked up a new 10K tilt bed trailer.