Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Johnco

1. J

Trans Dipstick PSA

This morning was checking fluid levels and when I pulled the trans dipstick I found the retaining washer for the rubber stopper about a third of the way down the dipstick. I cleaned everything up and hit it with a tack weld. Hate to think of that thing making it the whole way down into the pan...
  2. J

I know it only hurts your wallet but...

I had a 2007, last of the 5.9 engines and I would still be driving it today had some distracted driver not chosen to stare at his phone and t-bone me into a Starbucks patio. Thankfully nobody in the coffee shop injured. After recovery from a broken back I purchased a 2019 and while I really...
  3. J

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

It's most likely power steering fluid. They have to route new lines when they replace the pump. I ran into the exact same situation when McPeeks did mine. Grab a flashlight and a couple of rags and you'll find fluid pooled in the top of the steering box. Enjoy the new ride!
  4. J

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Just got the same letter, called the service manager at my dealership (McPeek in Anaheim) and they scheduled me for an install 7 days later. I have been bugging them on a regular basis for several months and recently had to have the low pressure pump in the fuel tank replaced when it stopped...
  5. J

Hello from Irvine CA

Sorry to hear about your fit problems. I picked up a 19 Laramie when my 07 was totaled. So far everything is amazing. I'll keep an eye out for you, I'm in Irvine as well...
  6. J

Hello from Irvine CA

Welcome! What's the model year?
  7. J

Floor mats

Ran into the same issue with my Laramie. When questioned the dealer supplied me with the "equipment list" which listed the rubber mats, no carpet mats. Contacted Ram and they confirmed the same. No carpeted mats supplied when the rubber mats are ordered. ( or any mats for that matter). My 2007...
  8. J

Fuel neck

Yes, the larger nozzle fits without hanging up
  9. J

Mud Flap Recommendations

I just installed Duraflaps on my Laramie. They are well made, fit perfectly and blend in nicely if you order the plain flaps without the stainless weights. They are a little pricey but worth the extra.