Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jmonty

1. J

Key Proximity Issues

Good news I guess is the spare key has worked flawlessly this week. Here's hoping it makes it more than 18 months unlike the first key :|
  2. J

Key Proximity Issues

Correct, measured under load a 3v battery should be at or above 3v. Mine new out of package are 3.3v to 3.7v and didn't result in any different behavior from the fob/proximity sensors. Dug the spare key out of the junk drawer and have been using it last few trips (on the OG 3v battery that...
  3. J

Key Proximity Issues

All stock 22 Laramie so it's all LED already, but I could definitely see a scenario where that could happen. It had been working for the last handful of times without issues and then started doing it again on todays trip so I went and dug the spare key out of the junk drawer and will start...
  4. J

Key Proximity Issues

I haven't tried using my spare fob, I might do that just to validate! At least having the experience with multiple keys could help service repair/replace something. Appreciate the idea @flan!
  5. J

Key Proximity Issues

I am having intermittent issues with my truck registering the key fob both when outside trying to lock/unlock the truck as well as inside when trying to start the truck (or god forbid I have the truck running and I exit so it honks at me like I can't hear the engine is still on). I have replaced...
  6. J

Screen needs manually turned on

Thats it! No idea how that got changed to off, I've never gone into any of the audio settings before. Also, what a dumb place to have the head unit on/off settings to be located!
  7. J

I tried a reset, no change. I also tried just using the menu and restarting through settings, the radio screen remains blank until I hit the power button.
  8. J

Not sure if it was from an update or not but for the last week(s) anytime I turn the truck on I have to manually turn on the screen by pushing the volume nob. I've searched the settings for some obvious setting to auto turn on the screen but not finding anything. Is this a setting or do I have a...
  9. J

Trailer 360 camera problem

Do you have 5th wheel prep? As I remember reading if you have the 12pin connector in both the bed and the bumper only 1 of them is connected to system at a time and you need to swap connections under the bed to the one you plan/want to use.
  10. J

Downside of using the 2" to 2.5" sleeve?

Couple we camp with had truck issue on a trip, was able to get it into a shop and rent a half ton to get the trailer and family home. Only reason I haven't upgraded is that 2" WDH shank I have can work in a half ton and allow me to get my trailer home. Have almost 12K towing with no issues and...
  11. J

2500 to 3500 questions

I've seen dozens/hundreds of posts say 2500 vs 3500 are 1:1 with only coil vs spring changes. Never heard about the frames not actually being identical. Good info!
  12. J

I need to know about travel trailer weights

IF the trailer sticker is accurate, and IF you actually only load 1k lbs into the trailer then yes the math adds up to be within limits. Like others have said, the only way to really know is to weigh it once you have it ready to camp. Remember to put some water into the fresh tank if you ever...
  13. J

New recall 11/10/2022 for the 68RFE ** UPDATED INFO IN 1ST POST **

My local dealership told me the part was restricted and they can only order 2 a week. To get one ordered you have to schedule a recall appointment even though they know they don't have the part. The common sense is obviously not there but I went ahead and scheduled for today and now have myself...
  14. J

Adding camera to Digital Rearview Mirror

Anyone have a picture/video of the tailgate camera solution for a trailer camera vs the OEM trailer kit? ~$100 seems alot better that ~$500 if its similar experience to the viewing experience I currently have from the 3rd brake light.