Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jmc512

1. J

First Time Buying a Hitch: Need Recommendations

What size drop did you go with?
  2. J

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm curious if there is a drop hitch that I can build from. Let's say I get the drop hitch now to try it out. If it's determined I need to do WD, then I could just buy the WD piece to tie into the drop hitch shank. Towing anything else, just put the ball (not...
  3. J

Given the pandemic, we found that camping was a great way to spend time together as a family. I also enjoyed seeing my boys outdoors and doing "other" activities. But I did NOT enjoy sleeping in a tent when it was 90 degrees until midnight. So, I picked up a 2020 2500 with intentions to rent...
  4. J

Lets see what you are towing!

What hitch are you using and any pics of the hitch? I'm new to towing but need to get a hitch and trying to figure out what size drop hitch I need and if I should look into sway control. For me, it'll be mainly a TT to camp with the family (if what I'm towing matters).
  5. J

285 60 20 up to 65 tires

What tires are you running and what's your opinion on their performance? In my reading (may not be accurate), it seems different tire manufacturers offer a 35 inch tire but the actual measurement is less than 35 inches. While that's not a problem, the variance between the tires could be if it...
  6. J

285 60 20 up to 65 tires

@Brutal_HO when you get a chance, can you measure your tire diameter? I know they should be 34.6 inches according to the web but I'm curious of actual measurements. My TransForce measure almost 33 inches exactly and I'm curious how close it would be to my measurement.