Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jmar

1. J

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

I ordered and moper AB filter from geno’s the other day and already received it. I have 22 CTD that I ordered in October 2021 and received it Feb 22. I gambled with buying the AB before checked to see what filter was in the truck. Yesterday I checked and it was the AB filter.
  2. J

Guaranteed "No Mess" Rear Fuel Filter Removal Tool

Next filter change I’m going to get the right size hose to drain the front filter and replace the existing hose with a cut to length piece that hangs down.
  3. J

I went to lowes and bought some clear hose that fits inside that useless little stubby hose and cut it to length to drain in my oil drain pan. Then put a few rags underneath the canister and had a small plastic bag to drop the filter in. Worked like a charm no mess whatsoever.
  4. J

I made this catch container up yesterday and changed my filters for the first time and what a help. no mess at all . Thank you for posting this my OCD was at an all time low doing it this way.
  5. J

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

If its just the relay I’m sure it’s not difficult to change. I’d wait till the relay is available order it and change it myself. I also get a car fax report in an email and it gives you a lot of info including all the recalls, it also gives you the option to mark them as completed at the bottom...
  6. J

Long wait for truck

Not really , just keep up on your salesman. It hit or miss how fast they build them and from what I heard on this forum it is some of the options that hold these trucks up. If I’m not mistaken the factories shut down for 2 weeks around Christmas and New Years So that doesn’t help things.
  7. J

Long wait for truck

Ordered 10/26/21 and delivered 02/09/22. Big Horn cummins.
  8. J

Will I be disappointed in 22 3500 coming from a F350 Powerstoke?

Do you know what company cracked it ? PM me the name if so. Thanks
  9. J

Mopar fuel filters

Well unexpectedly I received my fuel filters from Geno’s yesterday. I guess they got some in there website says back ordered Until 7/15/22.
  10. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Painted my tailpipe with VHT high temp paint.
  11. J

How long have you been driving a diesel truck?

26yrs driving a diesel, 25 years driving a Mack, seagrave, e-one, Spartan and Pierce fire appartus and 2 months driving my first Ram cummins as my personal vehicle.
  12. J

68rfe lugging

Around town I lock out 6th gear and it works well. Stops it from shifting to 6th and being sluggish.
  13. J

Regen?

I have 2022 with the smaller 5” screen. I have to scroll to the DPF page to see if it is in regen mode But I can tell just by the trucks characteristics that it’s in regen. I’ve had my truck for a 1.5 months and have 1000 miles on it. It’s gone thru 2 regen‘s so far.
  14. J

That diesel SOUND!!

In Nj last week they had two department of transportation stops on major roads checking for deleted diesel trucks. Sh_ts getting real.
  15. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I added some grip tape the the edge of the factory Ram running boards. Only owned it a week and I started see scratches And also the edge is slippery when wet.