Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jim Severence

1. J

Lets see what you are towing!

2016 Cougar X-lite 28SGS
  2. J

Car wash

This might be a dumb question, but what do you do when you bring your trucks thru the carwash. I was concern of the FCW activation, so I disable it for the carwash and then later turn it on. I also turn off the front and back bumper sensors.
  3. J

6.4 HEMI Stalling Issue

I had a couple of issues camera system not being available when backing up. Also with the ACC dropping out. Since I was on a trip, tried to find my self, it seemed that fuses in the power distribution box were not seated enough. Seated the fuses, seemed to have gone away for over two weeks now.
  4. J

Ac blowing from the defrost in all modes...

Ok, so the temperature of the windshield is getting below the dewpoint temperature. I have seen this too on a rare occasion, but I don’t live in a humid area so it doesn’t too often. Sorry for the confusion.
  5. J

Ac blowing from the defrost in all modes...

The air conditioner will take moisture out of the air being circulated. So when the air is directed at the windshield, it will absorb the moisture that has collected on the windshield and therefore clearing up the windows. The colder the air the less water vapor it can hold.
  6. J

Towing with new 6.4L

Just completed a the longest tow so far, only 185 miles of mixed terrain interstate driving. Traveling from eastern to western part of New York to the Finger Lake region. Averaged 10.3 mpg on the 6.4L Hemi and with TOW/HAUL selected. The only problem I had was after setting up 5th wheeler my...
  7. J

What HD and Hitching equipment are we using.

The hitch has been great, its my third season with it. Used on my previous RAM 2500, only addition is the frame to anchor it the puck system
  8. J

No function other than used to tie down a few milk crates to hold some loose items.
  9. J

MPGs with 6.4 Hemi and new 8-speed?

Any details about your truck, gear ratios, 4X4, etc
  10. J

Just did some maintenance on the 5th wheel hardware, getting ready for my next camping trip. Here is a few pictures of the hardware.
  11. J

MPGs with 6.4 Hemi and new 8-speed?

Just passed the 3000 mile mark, getting on average 14-16 mpg. Hwy miles look better but haven’t taken any long trips to get some good mileage numbers. Now, towing get about 9-10 mpg but I live in hilly mountain area. The mileage is definitely better than my 2011 2500HD, average for that truck 12...
  12. J

Death wobble

Thanks for the clarification, owned three 2500 HD and happily never experienced this on my trucks. Did have something similar on a couple of grand Cherokees, but it was brake rotor related. Replaced the OEM rotor with a good quality rotor was the cure.
  13. J

Death wobble

OK, this might sound dumb, but what is a death wobble. Is it when your towing and the trailer wanders behind your truck.
  14. J

Tow a keystone Cougar 28SGS X-LITE 5TH Wheeler, 31’, GVW 10000, Reese hitch and slider.
  15. J

12" Radio Issues

Had a similar problem until I sync the key fob to the truck memory. There is a procedure in owners manual pages 45, 46 & 47.