Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jenninr

1. J

Added a Winch, 2024 3500 6.7 Cummins

In the install video they don't relocate the clutch. They just clock the housing on the winch to put the clutch release at the bottom and then they swap the handle on the release 180 degrees. The control box does get relocated under the hood.
  2. J

Added a Winch, 2024 3500 6.7 Cummins

I have other things on my list to get done that are ahead of this but it's definitely on my to-do list.
  3. J

Air Horns

For those with air horns be careful how you use them, it could cost you. https://www.al.com/news/2024/04/mississippi-man-awarded-17-million-after-truckers-horn-designed-for-train-damages-hearing.html
  4. J

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

I bought these in chrome for my last truck because the originals started bulging but I plan to buy them in black for my new one. I bought them based on a recommendation from someone else on this site...
  5. J

Terrible Towing pics thread

Edited to add
  6. J

Regen

Most people who are tracking their regens reset one of the trip meters when a regen completes. That is how they track the time.
  7. J

2023 3500 SRW with factory rear air leveling - lift or leveling kit to fit 37" tires suggestion??

I haven't actually measured mine when I've had a heavy trailer hooked up so I might be in the same boat. I'm honestly pretty happy with how my truck rides as long as I have the air pressure in the tires set right. The main issue I have with it is the shocks, they don't have near enough damping...
  8. J

2023 3500 SRW with factory rear air leveling - lift or leveling kit to fit 37" tires suggestion??

I can't remember exactly what the measurements on my stock truck are but IIRC they are very close to yours. I was thinking about installing the Thuren 0.5" front springs and I remember thinking it would make the truck about dead level in alt trailer mode, which would probably look a little...
  9. J

Terrible towing experience w/ '24 2500 w/ factory air suspension

Don't set the hitch height based on the difference in height between the two trucks. The 21 would squat and the 24 won't except for 1 inch if you use alternate height. Hook up the trailer, set the truck to alt height, and take some measurements and set the hitch so that the trailer is level to 1...
  10. J

2024 mega cab with air ride running boards

I installed the AMP steps yesterday. Everything went fine. I had to cut off a threaded stud that was sticking through the floor of the truck in order to relocate the air tank but the instructions said that you might have to. I have not installed the upper rivets in the brackets yet because I...
  11. J

Excited Future Ram HD Owner; Custom Order Wait Time Question?

I ordered on 1/2/24 and it was delivered to the dealership on 2/17/24 but I think that is faster than average. Things are definitely faster than 2022.
  12. J

2024 mega cab with air ride running boards

I have a 2024 crew cab. I checked with AMP to make sure nothing changed and the steps and air tank relocation bracket that work with previous years still work for 2024. They confirmed that they do. I just ordered everything yesterday so I haven't installed them yet but AMP said it would work.
  13. J

24 Aisin Experience

I know the subject of 68rfe vs Aisin comes up often. I don't have any experience with the 68rfe but I wanted to put my experience with the Aisin out there since I just bought a new 2024 3500 SRW with the Aisin and I regularly drive a 2022 3500 DRW and a 2018 3500 DRW, both with 4.10 gears, with...
  14. J

Regen

I forgot to mention that the truck is making oil. It has the original Mopar filter in it.
  15. J

Regen

We have a 2022 3500 work truck that has about 17000 lbs behind it 90% of the time and it is staying in almost constant regen. I recently drove it 2 hours on the interstate unloaded and it started a regen at the beginning of the trip, was in regen for about 45 minutes, no regen for 15 minutes...