Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jeff1759

1. Jeff1759

In-bed campers

For me, the one downside would be when there are high winds. Not so good in a pop up as it can cause havoc on the fabric. I learned this after I got a tear in the screen fabric after one night of high winds. With a pop up, you could sleep on the floor, or bench seat (some are designed to convert...
  2. Jeff1759

In-bed campers

I have had a Bundutec for 2.5 years. It’s a “Wild” model. Smaller company based in Iowa, many models available and owner Rory will work with you on any build you might want, Jen in the office is very knowledgable. Very good customer service. Being a smaller company, the build time can be awhile...
  3. Jeff1759

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Loved that area around Big Bend! Chet, wondering what you use to capture screenshots of your routes? I used Google maps my first year on the road and it worked out well, but putting them all together later on got a little overwhelming. Didn’t save any last year and am kind of wishing I had.
  4. Jeff1759

What do you guys use the 110v outlet for?

Laptop, re-chargable razor and spotlight while on the road.
  5. Jeff1759

Wind noise front doors

I have had the same issue since 2021 truck was delivered. Same experience as you when asking... no info. Took truck to dealer under warranty and they could not replicate.
  6. Jeff1759

delete

I like the rubber boot and/or the fabric strap. My install is pretty basic and has held up well for the past two years. Camera in housing mounted with supplied screws at proper location where tailgate camera used to be. Hole (had to be large enough for connector to pass through) sealed with...
  7. Jeff1759

I had no issues at all, but my housing may be a tad larger. Plenty of room. Mounted and drilled hole through rear door of camper in the same location tailgate camera would be. Took wire to side and through floor, all sealed well. Plug and play and worked right off the bat.
  8. Jeff1759

I found it very hard to pull the trigger on the camera housing too Chet. Like you found, there are very few options. Eventually caved and it's nice to have the rear camera, but man...$$$$$!!!
  9. Jeff1759

Ceramic coating and PPF worth it or not..lets hear from the masses

Pleased with my Xpel PPF. Going on 2 years now. Had tow hooks powder coated red and they have a lot of small rock chip marks while the truck body shows none at all. In hindsight, I wish I had left the tow hooks black.
  10. Jeff1759

less than a year old and dead battery?

Same experience here. While camping, around 8-9k miles, 8 months, and dead battery on a holiday weekend. Replaced battery at my own expense as dealer rubbed me the wrong way on warranty process. I do the same as Will_T...faraday pouch at home and while camping, battery connected to tender when...
  11. Jeff1759

Sirius XM

Not to de-rail, but a question. When driving the last couple/few years, I've noticed driving past certain areas around town, the Sirius/XM signal will cut out until I pass that particular area. Not an overpass, tunnel, tree cover or anything like that. Wondering what causes this? I'm thinking...
  12. Jeff1759

What did you do TO your RAM today?

"I just spent the afternoon spraying woolwax on the entire undercarriage and bottom of the cab and bed." Wondering how much wool wax it takes to do a truck? A gallon and a couple of touch-up cans maybe?
  13. Jeff1759

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

2021 with 42,000 miles and have never noticed any hood flutter.
  14. Jeff1759

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

'21 Laramie, new in April 2021. 40,000 miles. Cincinnati, OH is home base. Winter trips to desert SW, Bar Harbor and UP of Michigan last summer, leaving for Utah and Banff/Vancouver today. Retirement is good.
  15. Jeff1759

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Winter in the South West this year. 3 months, 10,000 miles.