Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jeepkevin

1. J

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

Many years ago I worked at 4 Wheel Parts. We had a brand of balance beads we used and were having poor results with them doing there job. I sat down and read the instructions and they said to go ahead and balance your tires to the best of your ability with conventional weights, then add the...
  2. J

Has anyone added the Magnaflow exhaust to their Gen 4.5 Hemi?

I did it as well. Agree, makes a bit of noise on start up then simmers down. You can hear it in the cab but not obnoxious. I think it is a nice balance of V8 sound but not as loud as your neighbors teenagers ratty old truck.. I have the Superchips Pulsar so i keep the MDS off in what ever...
  3. J

Articulink? Technical discussion

The only thing is these arms don't add the 3rd bushing like the Articulink. And they don't say if the arms are designed for stock height or lifted application, how much castor is or isn't add to the design of the arm. I used their true radius arms with the #8021 uppers on both sides. I didn't...
  4. J

Metalcloak Suspension Upgrade

I'm at 26k miles now with now issues so far. I think my only real complaint is the Fox 2.0, the standard off the shelf application specific part numbers, seem a little on the firm side for a daily driver, I had Bilstein's before on last two 2500's and they were just a little more cushy. Now, big...
  5. J

Metal Cloak True Radius arms

I am running the front arms with 2 of the normal uppers, not the lock and load. I have pics in my thread. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/metalcloak-suspension-upgrade.10165/
  6. J

I don't think it is going to work easily, but it may be possible. The bushings on the front axle are bonded rubber bushings inside of a metal sleeve. The metal sleeve is then pressed into both the axle housing as well as into the lower half of the OEM arm. Both the Johnny Joint and the...
  7. J

I'm the one that did the little right up on Metalcloak install on my Ram. A Johnny Joint uses a steel ball that rotates in a urethane or nitride race. It pivots in all directions but gives no absorption, you can feel paint stripes driving down the road. But in abusive situations they hold up...
  8. J

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

I just connected the brake pedal and gas pedal together up closer to the pivot where my feet would never touch it. The bungee just gives a little side tension to keep the movement from happening that causes the rattle. Kinda red neck idea but it did fix the issue.
  9. J

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

Our Jeep did the same thing. I used a small bungee ball and put some side tension on the pedal to take out the rattle/slop. Jeep is a 12' about to hit 100k and bungee still their and no rattle for almost 10 years now.
  10. J

2022 Downshift clunk

My 21 does it and it sure seems like it is the final disengagement of the torque convertor. With the new 8 speed and the dual over run clutch assembly, the trans stays locked up much more which is how the get the 10% increase in efficiency. This is my speculation. I can manually down shift, or...
  11. J

Installed a Pulsar on my 2019

That was me. I don't remember every going to their website to do a review. They sent me their obd 2 cable free and I used their online update tool and it worked. Every once in a while, I'll be driving and notice the MDS has kicked in. The programmer just forces you into manual mode when you put...
  12. J

The factory anti spin diff is crap

I have a 2500 non PW and recently tried to flex it out for the pics I took in the Metalcloak suspension thread. I have the off road package and the down hill descent button. I originally tried to pull forward up onto about a 2 foot tall mound of dirt. I tried 4x4 high, low range, riding brake...
  13. J

The biggest dirt mound in the yard! I won't have time today but I will try to remove a sway bar end link front and rear and do this again on the same spot.
  14. J

Oh, and you notice I reversed the end link mounts on the Carli sway bar. Their notes say it wont work with stock wheels. The sidewall did contact to bolts on the sway bar arm. I swapped them around and changed up the hardware and no rub.