Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jeeper93436

1. Jeeper93436

Exhaust brake not working while in cruise control since Y78 recall completed.

I am not familiar with the recall details but when I had my 2007 2500 with the 6.7. I had the ECM replaced at the dealer and my exhaust brake stopped working after the ECM replacement. It ended up that they couldn’t find the Exhaust brake disable/enable option in the factory scan tool. It could...
  2. Jeeper93436

Trailer blind spot system

I’m curious what your guys experience is with the “trailer blind spot system”. I was kinda excited about this when I first got my truck but I don’t think it’s that useful when towing a tow behind travel trailer. I watched the Ram video on how it works but mine doesn’t work like the video shows...
  3. Jeeper93436

New 2024 leaking fluids

My 23 had something that looked like oil in the front of the bell housing. When I wiped it I noticed it was kinda sticky. I assumed it was some sort of assembly lube, I haven’t seen anything since.
  4. Jeeper93436

295/65r20 on Stock Wheels

I’m putting a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ 295/65r20 on my night package black wheels. I installed two of them temporarily and they rub on the radius arm and on the sway bar with stock ride height. I’m scheduled to install a 3” lift so I’ll see how bad it rubs after the lift.
  5. Jeeper93436

Trans service

They should have stopped after the 2nd or 3rd and called you to give you a heads up. I have never dealt with rusty bolts due to salt but I know they can get nasty. I doubt that all the bolts are drilled all the way through. I have a feeling someone screwed up trying to remove the bolts.
  6. Jeeper93436

Laramie Packages Level 1 and F. - my thoughts....

The rear seat heaters were a must for us so we didn’t have another option. I’m very happy with the 17 speaker stereo system. I wasn’t a waste a money for us. It’s actually one of my favorite options.
  7. Jeeper93436

Swallowing my pride - balancing beads.

I have recently installed two sets of Mickey Thompson tires and they took a lot of weight. One set I believe it took 14-16 ounces. I tried to move the tire in a different location on the rim and it didn’t matter. I added what the machine wanted and no vibrations. The other set took anywhere from...
  8. Jeeper93436

Automatic Regen too often

I live in CA so the laws favored the consumers. I had to lemon law a 20 Expedition. The vehicle had 2k miles and they wanted to take the motor apart to inspect it, the transmission had a downshift clunk and the panoramic sunroof had already been replaced but had an air leak. I spent a lot of...
  9. Jeeper93436

My 2022 RAM 3500 Nightmare

Can you go the lemon law route? I lemon law a 2020 Ford expedition and told my self I’m never buying a Ford so I feel your pain. I would really look into a GM HD.
  10. Jeeper93436

Looking to order and upgrade to a 2024 Laramie, some questions.....

I really like the rear air suspension on my 2500. I also have the adaptive steering system option and I really like it. Between the rear air suspension and adaptive steering my truck drives and rides amazing.
  11. Jeeper93436

Mopar Max Care Warranty Card?

Thanks guys I will go to the site and see. I was just under the impression that I was going to get a laminated card. I had one for my old dodge and the finance person told the same thing. Is that something from the past?
  12. Jeeper93436

Mopar Max Care Warranty Card?

How long did it take you guys to receive paperwork or the warranty card? I purchased the warranty late September from the selling dealer but I haven’t received any sort of paperwork. I called the 1800 number and they verified my truck is covered.
  13. Jeeper93436

2500 vs. 3500 (both with factory auto level rear air suspension) towing stability with 1,000 lb TW and 8,000 lb travel trailer

We just went through the same debate. If you are wondering what will handle better without a weight distribution or sway control hitch then go with a 3500. If you want a really good riding truck when empty and really good riding truck when loaded with a 8-9k pound Rv then go with the 2500...