Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jared2500Ram

1. J

Hitch Weight vs Payload

I have a similar issue my bumper pull trailer has 1300# of tongue weight. The trailer is perfectly level and so is the truck with weight distribution. When we get to highway speeds you feel like the rear axle is moving around almost like worn out steering on a forklift. The trailer does not sway...
  2. J

Aftermarket wheel offset?

No rubbing or trimming was required this is the leveling kit I used https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/ram/2500-ram/2014-2017/shocks-ram-2500-14-18/bilstein-b8-5112-2-front-and-5100-0-1-rear-lift-shocks-2019-2020-ram-2500-4wd-diesel/
  3. J

Aftermarket wheel offset?

Tires are 35x12.5x18 (make sure you get load range F) and the truck has a 2.3” Bilstine front coils and shocks. I’ll get another picture today.
  4. J

No front brake pads available!

I am on the hunt for front brakes I have 31,000 miles (18,000 is all hwy) on my 21 and the fronts are almost metal to metal all aftermarket manufacturers don’t make them for a 21 and the dealer can not get any for 3 months I was told park it or trade the truck in. There is a quality issue with...
  5. J

Soft Brakes - weak brakes - sponge brakes 2021 3500 - merged threads

I have a 2021 2500 and I always thought since new there was something wrong with the brakes. It dusted horribly when new only in the front and now with 31,000 miles the brakes are almost metal to metal on the front. The rear brakes look new. Is this normal all the GM trucks I have ever had went...
  6. J

Towing MPG

I have a 6000 mile trip coming up and if I can get almost 12 mpg that would be a huge cost savings
  7. J

Towing MPG

Thanks for everyone’s help. This is my first ram I usually have a Duramax and I am extremely disappointed in the fuel mileage this truck gets compared to the GM. Has anyone seen improvements in towing MPG with custom tuning and leaving the emissions in tact?
  8. J

Truck Stop Semi Fuel Lanes- Diesel

I have a 21 and some pumps the big nozzle will get stuck
  9. J

Help With Towing Tire Selection

The Michelin LTX AT2 is the tire I would run in your situation. They handle great and I have never seen a set get less than 80,000 miles
  10. J

Towing MPG

Mine regens at about the same cycle I have never seen the gauge show anything but 0% this seems excessive the commercial 6.7 does not do this
  11. J

Towing MPG

I am looking to get an average towing mpg others are getting. I just came back from a 2035 mile trip pulling a 5200 lb enclosed trailer this is a v style front and my average was 11.2 mpg running about 70 mph. I think this is low considering I get 21 mpg average on every tank. I also used 7/8...
  12. J

2500 Kelderman Rear Coil Replacement / Wireless autolevel options

I am also curious how this system is working for you. I would like to use my 3/4 ton truck as a 3/4 ton truck not a 1/2 ton. It is quite pathetic the suspensions and payload ratings on these trucks.
  13. J

2020 fuel additive

When it is getting close to having to fill up I keep my mtn dew bottle around then I cut the top off
  14. J

A/C Issues? Anyone else

I ended up I ended up fixing this myself because I just could not wait for my appointment on Wednesday. I believe the issue was air in the system but my truck also took less Freon than the charge chart to run at the correct pressures. Now after starting it in 80 degrees I get ice cold air right...