Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jack M

1. J

What do you guys use the 110v outlet for?

I have used the outlet in the box twice. It will work with a battery charger. It will not run my shop vac. Not much use as far as I am concerned.
  2. J

New guy here asking about adaptive steering

I will be experimenting with it. Thanks
  3. J

I am thinking since the truck was running mid eighties all the way around, and since it would appear that it only wants 60 in the fronts that I might be onto something. What is that? Maybe 25% over inflated?? My next trip should be better as I let air out all the way around. I would think that...
  4. J

Firestone Transforce AT. This is what came on it. I went for a drive yesterday empty with no trailer about 170 plus miles. So now I am at around 450 miles give or take. I am getting used to it but still not what a new rig should drive like.
  5. J

Adaptive Steering System - Adjustment

After some thought I am thinking it drives like it could use more caster.
  6. J

Yup, tires crossed my mind as well.
  7. J

This was my brothers suggestion as well. I will try this on next weeks run. About 140 miles r/t. It will be great if this is all it takes.
  8. J

If it comes to that it will be the dealer, I am seeing that I am not the only one experiencing this leading me to believe there must be an inherent problem with this new steering system. I don't advocate that one takes his hands off of the wheel, but I sure wouldnt/couldnt do that with this truck.
  9. J

The tire pressures float around the low to mid 80s if the TP monitor is working correctly.
  10. J

Thank You mcarey, now if we could figure out why this this doesn't track like I think it should.
  11. J

I don't think this rig has that lane holding feature. I am reading that adaptive steering is something else. Just supposed to make it easier to steer at slow speeds which is not my complaint. My build sheet does not show lane assistance.
  12. J

If that's all it affects then it must need an alignment. Thanks.
  13. J

Adaptive Steering System - Adjustment

I sent my question in the general discussion, I don't much care how my brand new 300 mile 3500 Laramie truck steers at freeway speeds. And I had considered that maybe the alignment may be off. As I read, this may be an ongoing complaint. If there is a way to tighten (or at least get it to hold...
  14. J

Not even sure what it is and cant find any info about it in the manual. This is a 21 3500 Laramie, I have about 300 all freeway miles with a relatively light trailer on and it doesn't track like it should. I have to be up on the wheel constantly. I gave up a really nice 1995 F 350 that I bought...