Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by JABAR357

1. J

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I’ve seen this done before and it is on my bucket list. What kind of switch are you using to control the lights? I’m looking for some type of mercury switch to turn on the lights when the hood is up.
  2. J

3500 Mega Cab SRW no more?

Add the Snow Chief Group and it will remove the DRW,
  3. J

Show Me Your Lights

Curious on how you attached the board lights and how they are holding up.
  4. J

Transmission Issues - Chrysler Denied Warranty - Help!

That’s crazy I seen where my truck gave me overloaded warning when I had my 5th wheel hooked up and the truck trailer was selected for conventional trailer. Makes me wonder if that message is stored and will cause warranty issue in the future.
  5. J

Learning about factory air suspension

I use the ALT Trailer Height when pulling the 5th wheel. It allows about 1 inch of sag at the rear of the truck and gives a much better ride.
  6. J

Loosing Trailer Brakes

Check the 7-pin wire harness from the truck bumper to the bed receptacle. I the factory did not install the wiring harness correctly. The connector behind the taillight was opened, I secured the cables harness and covered the exposed wires.
  7. J

2021 RAM 2500 connected 5th wheel height

It looks to me that your rear axile on the trailer is holding a lot more weight than the front. Which will cause the rear bearings to ware out faster. If you can raise the pin box I would do it. Looks like you have plenty of room. I’m using the Curt Q20 with the slider and I have the same...
  8. J

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

I need to be able to disable it.
  9. J

Dc to dc charging tie into 3500 battery/alternator

I was wondering & confused about the voltage, Planned on testing on a buddy’s truck to see what would happen. Yes, I’m charging lead acid batteries. I was going adding a relay wired to an Aux switch to control my connection. I have been rethinking It will be cheaper just to wire the aux switch...
  10. J

Ahhh! I see what mean. Nice drawing it helps a lot. Thank you for your time.
  11. J

Why do you need to disconnect your trailer's charge line on the 7-pin when you install a DC-DC charger? I’m getting my parts together to install the Renorgy DC -DC 40 amp to recharge my 2 lead acid batteries. Great thread I have gained some knowledge
  12. J

Cold Weather - LED Headlights - Snow/Ice buildup - What do you do?

No issues started using it about 3 tears now on all my vehicles
  13. J

Cold Weather - LED Headlights - Snow/Ice buildup - What do you do?

I haven’t noticed my head lights freezing up as much this year. I do apply plexus before fall and again in the spring.
  14. J

Front Passenger Seat - how to disassemble?

I know the seat covers can be removed. I never have done it; I pulled our 5th wheel to west coast and on of the rest stops, Wife gets out to walk the dog as I was filling up, I noticed the passenger seat was tainted, I was thinking the last mountain pass must have scared the crap out of her. It...