Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by j_t_l

1. J

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

The big chip (R7F010023) looks like a Renesas chip with an ARM processor and some analog to digital and digital to analog converters in it. It's "expensive" ($15ish just for that one part), so they wouldn't use it unless they needed to. It's about as powerful as, say, a desktop PC from the...
  2. J

Limited/Longhorn vs. Laramie headlights

Yup -- looks just like that. If you're going around a really tight corner the fog lights will turn on that in that direction. The auto-fog lights are great, but not as useful for driving on winding roads or clover-leaf highway ramps. Going around dark clover-leafs or driving on winding...
  3. J

Cruise Control 'surging'

Yup -- the adaptive cruise control on the RAM is a bit annoying in some circumstances. I have a Chevy Volt with ACC, and it works great! If a car going about the same speed or a little slower pulls in my lane "too close" in front of me -- the ACC slows down gracefully and increases to the...
  4. J

Bed Extender

I thought it was some issue about being able to see both taillights from a large angle. With the tailgate down & the extender in place, there's only limited visibility to the taillight on the far side.
  5. J

2500 vs 3500

And check / set tire pressures when you're comparing ride quality. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  6. J

Ram Introduces New Safety Package For 2020 Ram Heavy Duty Pickups:

Lane Keep Assist requires the truck to have some type of control over the steering. The 2019 RAM HDs don't have that. It might be possible to add Lane Departure Warnings (a chime / ding when you drift out of a lane). But I really doubt RAM will every update anything like that.
  7. J

Max tire size questions stock wheels/lift

18" rims? What happened with that size?
  8. J

Radio Station Via Steering Wheel

Do you have the "voice" button on the steering wheel? You can also use that and tell the radio what to do: "Tune to FM 123.4".
  9. J

I don't know about ram, but typical industry in parlance: Lane keep assist should have the option of nudging the car back into the lane. I've driven a few other cars with the feature. The nicest versions I'd describe as.... You know when there's road construction and one lane is paved a couple...
  10. J

2019 Ram 2500HD, Is there a hidden winch mount available?

The power wagon mount should work. Someone did this for their 2500 (I think it was a 2018?). The part numbers are probably different for the 2019s. But it'll be a good start to see what's involved...
  11. J

I wonder how the adaptive steering works? Lane keep assist needs some type of control over the steering. It would be nice if the 2019s could be updated to have lane departure warnings and trailer blind spot monitoring.
  12. J

Max tire size questions stock wheels/lift

Insulting folks isn't likely to get you the information you're looking for.
  13. J

Let’s talk brakes!

I recently got a RAM 2500. It's been in the dealer lot more than it's been at my house -- but that's another issue.... The brakes feel like what might take 1" of travel on another vehicle would take 2" of travel on the RAM. It doesn't seem like an actual problem, just that I need to...
  14. J

Ram trucks.com Towing and Payload

Yup! The 4x2 Tradesman with 8' box, Hemi 6.4, and 4.10 gears has a tow rating of 17580 lbs (the same as the site reports my 4x4 limited mega cab). "4x2 tradesman with 8' box" sounds like a default/uninitialized configuration in their database. I'd guess they somehow missed updating certain...
  15. J

Ram trucks.com Towing and Payload

Yes. VIN: 3C6UR5TJ2KG550640 Link to Window sticker Should have the 3.73 axle ratio Link to image from the RAM website. Cut-n-paste from the website: MAX PAYLOAD 2317.68 LBS MAX TOWING 17582.68 LBS From the door sticker: Payload: 2318 lbs