Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Hoffmann

1. H

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

I'm about 90% positive there is a fuel return line to the tank from the back side of the fuel rail. So the return fuel had metal in it then dumped into the fuel tank then got stuck in the fuel filter housing.
  2. H

CP4 Fuel pump failure at 7200 miles and 6 months into ownership of my 2020 Ram 2500.

Went to change the fuel filters in my 2019 with 36k miles and had glitter in the bottom of the fuel filter bowl. It's going to the dealership tomorrow. I'm curious what they are going to do considering the truck still runs fine. But obviously metal in the filter housing is not normal and will...
  3. H

CP4 Changes - additives discussion

I've been using the hotshot secret edt in my 2019 so Cummins sense I purchased it, I just crossed over 36k miles. I was changing my rear fuel filter and noticed a decent amount of metal dust in the bottom. I was hoping the hot shot secret would prevent the typical cp4 failure but apparently not...
  4. H

HO vs non-HO MPG

With my 19 2500 SO Ram my best tank was 19.25 mpg at about 65-70 mph, my average is 16.76 mpg, and my worst tank was 10.69 mpg at max GCWR with a load of hay ( aka towing a giant brick through the air ) my truck has 22400 miles on it ,and these numbers are based off the last 7k miles.
  5. H

Trans shifting question - '19 SO 4x4 with 68 trans - 3rd gear

I believe the 68rfe locks the torque converter in 3rd gear, so I would guess the "slip" your feeling is the torque converter being unlocked and not having a 100% engagement, and once it locks it feels better because it now it does have a 100% engagement. I'm not a huge fan of the way this...
  6. H

Drive shaft clunk

Hello new to the forum here, So I bought my 2019 ram 2500 with the 68rfe and the cummins about a month and a half ago, it had 15,xxx miles on it and I got one hell of a deal on it. Ever sense I purchased it I've noticed that shifting from drive to reverse and vise versa it clunks under the...