Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by HitchCrack

1. H

Adventure Ram - MITS Alloy / Four Wheel Camper

It wasn't too bad, I was able to retain the rear park aid sensors and they still function like they did before the removal. I ordered a rear camera kit from a camera source it makes it super easy and works the same but at a different angle. You will most likely have the sonar modules in the tail...
  2. H

Spent the week of Christmas / New Year out camping. A few nights down on PINS and then up into the Texas hill Country. The truck handled great in the sand and wasn't as much of a problem. When we got back finally got around to installing the AEV front bumper. I am not a fan of the gap that the...
  3. H

Spent a few days up in Arkansas for some events. Got to do some trails and camping while we were out there. Didnt get many pictures but here are a few. The spot on the river was pretty awesome.
  4. H

Figured I would post up my setup and show everyone what we have done with our '22 2500. Suspension is the Carli Pintop with radius arms and Thuren sway bar. The truck orignally came with factory rear air. I did the lift kit with the factory air but after using the truck with a lot of weight on...
  5. H

Rear ram air delte

I just did the rear air delete on my 2500. it was simple just ordered the factory uper and lower isolators for the coils and pulled the bags out. I was able to clear the dash messages using alfaobd and turning off all the air suspension related stuff. I will probably remove the compressor and...
  6. H

MITS Alloy Tray & Canopy / '22 2500 Rear Air Suspension

Removal is not bad, getting to the underside of the tray in the front is a bit challenging when its time to put the nuts and washers on the bolts that hold the canopy down.
  7. H

They are 37 x 13.50. I will check into that. I was planning on getting the weight checked, is there a chart that correlates to weight and tire pressure?
  8. H

The boen customs are nice, I have a buddy up in UT who just got one installed on his 2500. The location of the Filler / DEF is nice. Good looking Rig dude!!
  9. H

Installed the Carli 3.25 Pintop this weekend. This kit is a beast! So far everything in the rear is working like it should. I need to chalk test the tires but currently running at 50psi and seems a bit soft compared to the factory wheels and tires. I pulled the canopy early last week to take...
  10. H

Yeah I have been looking at getting some nut plates that I can rivet to the underside of the tray to make it super easy to bolt down the box. I am waiting on my jacks to get here so I can lift the canopy off and see how much room I have but looks like I should be good as soon as I can the right...
  11. H

Hmm not so sure about gaining payload with a flat tray. Maybe if you don't do the under tray boxes it might be close to a wash. Here is something I put together when I was looking at the weight I was planning on putting on the truck. These are all numbers I got from MFG websites for the...
  12. H

Got the Tray & Canopy installed this weekend. Here is a Pic, this was before we installed the mud guards and under tray boxes but shows you what we are working with. Can definitely feel the weight difference but its not bad. Still Working Through some electrical with everything that was in the...
  13. H

Thanks for all the reply's Everyone! The build is moving forward, suspension arrived last week and Tray / Canopy should be arriving in the next couple of days. I did some math on a spreadsheet to play around with approximate weights. Obviously I was making a lot of assumptions but fully loaded...
  14. H

Good Evening Everyone, Curious if anyone here that has the factory air springs in a 2500 is carrying 1k lbs constant weight and what your experience is. Also was hoping to hear if anyone has any experience with max GVWR with the factory Air Springs. I have a '22 2500 with the 6.5 bed. The plan...