Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by herdbull

1. H

Difference between subwoofer options

I'm thinking of adding a sub & amp to my '22. I see (2) different part numbers listed for a '22 (68381638AA) & (5064369AB). Is one an Alpine or generic Alpine and the other a Harmon Kardon? I've found both used online and not sure of the difference, if any. The one is fairly inexpensive and I...
  2. H

2022....Do I have ANC?

I've searched through the fprum without much luck in trying to find out if I have ANC? Truck is a '22 Tradesman. It came with the laughable 5". I've since upgraded to the 8.4" and I am thinking of adding an amp and sub. I've looked under the front seat but couldn't find anything obvious for an...
  3. H

Whats up with my volume?

So no matter what I'm listening to, radio or phone via USB/Bluetooth my volume stops about half way. Meaning if I continue to turn it up it doesn't get any louder. The factory roll off is horrible. I don't believe I have ANC as it's a Tradesman that originally came with the 5". I've updated to...
  4. H

Is it possible to display Torque Pro on my 8.4"

Pretty much what the title says. Anyone displaying their torque pro gauges on their factory 8.4"?
  5. H

Android Auto & SXM?

My free subscription to SXM just ran out. Being a 15+ year lifetime member I already have the app on my phone. I was playing around with it a bit today but I have a question or 2 that I was hoping someone else may have experience with. Truck is a '22 but that's probably not relevant. I can...
  6. H

Anyone here go backwards or downgrade?

Seriously thinking of selling my '22 for a plethora of reasons. Anyone here go backwards or "downgrade"? Looking at roughly a 2015-2017 2500 with the 6.4l. From my research I could potentially do this and put $30K in the bank, save a ton on maintenance and fuel costs and still have a nice truck...
  7. H

Rear sliding window rubbing noise

the noise happens while driving, not while opening or closing the window. It definitely sounds like a rubber seal either on the slider portion or the whole window itself.
  8. H

I should add that it does this when it's closed or open.
  9. H

Anyone else's rear slider make a ton of noise? It sounds like the foam or seal is constantly being squished or is rubbing on something. It looks like it is sealed up good and hasn't leaked but the noise is constant as long as you're driving on even the smoothest roads. Hard to tell if it's the...
  10. H

Tradesman upgrade to 8.4

I just needed an unlock code. They're on Ebay for like $8 or you could try your local dealer. They may, and I emphasize may, give you one. The hard part is matching up the correct radio and options with your vehicle.
  11. H

Looking for Android Auto help

You pretty much explained it correctly. I wasn't aware that AA still used the BT function to do most of the functionality even though it's using the USB cable. I have a third party music app that will work with AA. Problem is some of the interface when used with AA is wonky. The interface with...
  12. H

tried 2 already, both which work with my PC. Even tried the other halfs '19 Jeep Cherokee with AA, same result.
  13. H

It won't allow me to change the setting to "file transfer". It says its not available for this device. It's not the cable as it's the same cable I use while transferring data/files to and from my pc.. when I plug in it does start AA automatically.
  14. H

I am using the AA ap, it came on my phone which is currently version 11. The radio is out of a 2021 and it is UC 4. I actually prefer the cable to keep the phone charged while in the truck. I was under the impression that everything would function through the cable. BT has limited capabilities...
  15. H

Any Android Auto experts out there? Now that I have it with my 8.4" upgrade this thing is driving me nuts (sigh). AA is going to drive me to AA . For starters no matter what I do I can not stop it from connecting to my phone via BT. I've unpaired, forgot device and forced stopped it dozens of...