Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by henrys

1. H

In-bed campers

I had a pop-up before the hard-side camper I have now. They are great except for what you just pointed out: the door height. I hit my head so many times on the tiny door that it drove me nuts. Also, the tent material of the pop-up allows a lot of sound in. Not a big deal if you only camp in the...
  2. H

In-bed campers

TCs are more expensive because they aren't mass produced in huge numbers like trailers. There are many camper buy/sell groups on facebook and also a lot on fb marketplace. Used is a crapshoot like any other RV. Any water penetration into the camper will cause lots of expensive damage and it can...
  3. H

In-bed campers

Northstar Arrow-U on a 3500 mega cab SRW. I love this setup. Tons of room inside but still under 4k lbs fully loaded (3700#). Camper has a 8.5' floor so hangs over a little but but able to tow a trailer with a 36" extension. Drives great with just some airbags and a sway bar. I remove the camper...
  4. H

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

They tried to tell me the same **** and I actually showed them the screen shots from this thread. The dealer finally found the right guy that knew how to update it.
  5. H

Hrm, mine was stuck on 145. Either way, 160 fixes it!
  6. H

You need to get on the 160 version. Only the dealer can update it.
  7. H

Radio presets are still there 2 months later. The wireless android auto still cuts out randomly though. :confused:
  8. H

Reliability as daily driver?

I bought a '22 with a 6.7 cummins to replace my '03 5.9 cummins (with 300k miles) because the 5.9 had been so reliable as a daily diver. 20 years later and the cummins essentially hasn't changed all that much except adding some emissions crap... both even have a CP3. You can't say that for the...
  9. H

2025 Ram HD

I'd like the larger 1500 style cab so can have a long bed with more space. It also needs fold flat seats like the mega cab.
  10. H

Bouncing

I can chime in on shocks. I carry a 3700# slide-in camper in the bed of my '22 3500 SRW and at 40k miles I switched from the stock shocks to bilstein 5100 and the difference was negligible. It rode a tiny bit better but not enough to justify the cost so unless your oem shocks are shot I wouldn't...
  11. H

Good Deal on 2024 Ram 2500 Cummins

There's already a very long sticky thread dedicated to "deals" https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/price-negotiated-from-msrp.134/
  12. H

Update! After pressuring the service advisor more and explaining that there should be a 145 and 160 update he found another tech that was able to do more research and find the 160 update to be installed via USB. If you are stuck at version 141 show your service advisor the screen shots from this...
  13. H

I'm stuck at 141 and the dealer says its the latest they have available. What's the process to get this thing updated beyond 141?
  14. H

What software version is the new radio?
  15. H

Which battery tender to use

Trickle charging current will be less than 1 amp to keep the batteries topped up.