Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by GulfCoastRam

1. G

Suspension noise?

This noise has been an issue since Ram using radius arms in the front suspension. My '11 2500 never made any front end noise then I purchased a '15 2500, it made the clunking noise described in this thread, at first it was concerning to me. It only did it occassionally on on very unsuspecting...
  2. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice truck but has a different feel. There are things like the screen size in the dash, all of the plastic exterior trim and a Duramax under the hood that are a little off putting but these are minor tradeoffs to be rid of the rattle that RAM has incorporated into...
  3. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

Five RAM trucks over the last sixteen years and my 2019 had to be the most disappointing because it was a beautiful truck but the rattling cab mounts made it the most undesirable vehicle to drive that I have ever owned. I tirelessly worked with my servicing dealer and the folks at FCA from early...
  4. G

Unresponsive 12.1 touch screen

I am 100% positive it is not the dealer, I was even present for the maintenance that was performed for the TSB for the cab rattle. Everything was done per the steps outlined in the TSB that FCA released, the parts they are putting out are inferior. As for the touchscreen, it has been replaced...
  5. G

Thanks but no thanks, the RamCares representatives have wasted enough of my time over the last thirteen months trying to get a cab rattle fixed. This is just another of many reasons this will be the last Ram I purchase, the product it has become is less than desirable and FCA doesn't back the...
  6. G

Has anyone had any luck getting this unresponsive touchscreen figured out yet? Mine has been inoperable going on the third week now, it started after our wintery storm down here in Texas. It may be coincidental but I have never had the issue for the 12 months I have had the truck until the temps...
  7. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

This month marks thirteen months I have been seeking a resolution for the rattle coming from the rear cab mounts. The dealer replaced the cab mounts six months before the TSB was published, when the TSB was released they performed the work and installed the updated parts but it still rattles. I...
  8. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

My 2015 made an identical clunk but more often and from the left front mostly while pulling in and out of parking lots at an angle. My 2017 was completely quiet up front, same shocks and leveling kit on all three trucks so I know it doesn't have anything to do with that.
  9. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

Mine was making the clunk on the right front over one particular dip in the road as well as a pop felt through the steering wheel when turning. I had my dealer replace the steering drag link because the crimped end was loose. I was hoping it took care of both issues but it only solved the pop...
  10. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

Does your 3500 have a rattle from the cab mounts? The TSB for the cab rattle is for the 2500 and to my knowledge the 3500 has different style cab mounts as well as the rear suspension.
  11. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

What area is your oil leak coming from? Mine was leaving oil spots in the driveway from the day I brought it home, it was wet between the engine and transmission and dripping from the backside of the oil pan. I was thinking the worst and figured it was the rear main seal but the dealer...
  12. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

Sounds like it is time to find a new dealer. Under warranty or not FCA covers TSB's, recalls, Star Publications and Rapid Response Transmittals. At the least you should contact Ram Customer Care and get them involved.
  13. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

Good to hear they made some progress, have they done the TSB for the cab mounts? I will check the end links on my rear sway bar this weekend but my clunk definitely appears when the right front wheel hits the dip so I don't think that mine is a rear sway bar issue.
  14. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

You can find it at these links: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10178649-9999.pdf https://m.carcomplaints.com/Ram/2500/2019/tsbs/tsb-s2019000004.shtml
  15. G

Rattle Noise In Cab

I had the drag link with the jam nut issue on my '15 2500, this a whole new issue with the redesigned drag links, not sure if the 3500 uses the same drag link. I will take my truck out and run over that dip here in a little while to see if the clunk is still there and report back.