Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Grateful Dad

1. Grateful Dad

Custom Glove Box Badge

Looks like these: https://www.artifactdesignco.com/collections/metalwork
  2. Grateful Dad

BFG HD Terrain Tires on 2020 RAM 2500

^^^^^^^ @flan beat me to it. I remember the first time I saw them out on the trail and I asked the old dude what size those Q78 swampers were and he looked at me like I was an idiot and simply replied “Q78’s” like it was common knowledge and everyone knew what the hell size they were
  3. Grateful Dad

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

I actually liked having the manual lever tcase in my Tradesman though you still have to wait on the CAD to shift
  4. Grateful Dad

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

As for the shifter, I get it some folks don’t like the knob but ALL Ram trucks are electronically shifted, even those with a column or in the center console. Twist the knob, pull down on the column (hopefully it didn’t come loose), or pull the shift lever back, it’s just giving commands to the...
  5. Grateful Dad

Black powder-coated 18” Bighorn factory wheels?

@WisHawk those factory size AT3 XLT’s? I have a set of those wheels I’ve been contemplating powder coating and running on my ‘24 NE if they don't sell.
  6. Grateful Dad

What did you do TO your RAM today?

The powertrain on the ‘24 is identical to the ‘21 so performance wise, no, but comfort and geewhizz gadgets are leaps and bounds ahead of my Tradesman ;) The cargo/bed camera makes dropping the GenY on the ball so much easier. Suspension on the 5v’r needs a little TLC, time to grease the wet...
  7. Grateful Dad

Finally put some actual weight behind the new tow rig, decided to drag the 5v’r “around the block” for a bit since it’s been sitting a few months. Need to get those first 500 towing miles out of the way before our Memorial Day trip………
  8. Grateful Dad

How much Jeep is in our trucks?

the Gladiator uses a couple parts from the 1500, nothing from the HD. IIRC, the 4th Gen 1500 rear control arms/links were the same and maybe the coil buckets/perch.
  9. Grateful Dad

What WDH would y'all use

If you hook up and the truck isn’t squatting bad I’d give it a go without a WDH. There are some things to keep in mind as mentioned above. If it’s a one time trip…….. Just make sure the hitch you use is rated for the tongue weight!
  10. Grateful Dad

Terrible towing experience w/ '24 2500 w/ factory air suspension

Well I don’t think it’s the only factor but the longer wheelbase and more weight will definitely have an affect on stability.
  11. Grateful Dad

Terrible towing experience w/ '24 2500 w/ factory air suspension

Might have missed it but is the ‘24 a megacab as well?
  12. Grateful Dad

Arrrgh Tires

Should have clarified that, my bad. Not a PW but sits just as high as one on 35’s
  13. Grateful Dad

Arrrgh Tires

I didn’t snap any pics but my ol’man has a ‘22 with a 2 or 2.5” level and running 35’s, it fits in my standard 7’ garages (I couldn’t resist seeing if it would fit).
  14. Grateful Dad

HEMI® Power To Keep Going In Ram Heavy Duty Trucks

Torque management, question is how much/intrusive? Food for thought, the Ford 10R140 behind the PowerStroke is rated for 1,400 nm (1,032 ft/lbs)………..both their offerings exceed that (1,050 or 1,200).
  15. Grateful Dad

Parts finally arrived from back order, dropped her off for the clock spring recall :(