Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by gprguy

1. gprguy

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Pinhead, Ram edition.
  2. gprguy

I appreciate it - it's taken a lifetime to get to this point, I still remember laying outside in the gravel under my first Jeep with my dad, shortening the t-case output shaft literally with an old Black & Decker circular saw we put an abrasive blade in. We managed to cut it straight-ish. Things...
  3. gprguy

As promised, back to the aluminum. So naturally step 1 is - plastic? There's a design flaw with my frame, probably only one of many, but it has to do with how thin the front wall is (only 1"). I knew I had an unsolved problem as to how to deal with all of the angles but I ran out of ideas and...
  4. gprguy

My folks are in town so not too much truck work going on, but my Dad and I found some time to finish up 99% of the plumbing - air and hydraulic. The only plumbing left is the 3 short air lines on the driver's side, and those will just be in my way at this point. All of the cross box...
  5. gprguy

Probably would be pretty straightforward. The issue might be what temperature it needs to withstand - I know the XS is supposed to not get nearly as hot as the old Orions but I'm sure it still gets warm. Might need to be printed out of something besides normal PLA, like PETG or ABS. If it needs...
  6. gprguy

Glad to see they are clearing out the backlog. :) The new packaging is interesting too, very minimalistic. Good idea. For my camper I put a fan behind my older Orion and I used this little controller to run it automatically. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0992JRNL4/
  7. gprguy

Some new toys showed up today, a couple of the new Orion XS DC-DC chargers. I knew they were smaller than the older orions but it's still a bit surprising how much smaller they are. They will probably go here more or less, but I'm going to do the responsible thing and put them back in their...
  8. gprguy

Why do all that work on the enclosure at this point? Really it was so I could finish up the wiring from the leveling control panel to the pump. The leveling system I have is actually from a Dynamax Isata 5 RV and they have all of their components in different locations, plus they use the...
  9. gprguy

And now, for something completely different - 3D printing. I needed a way to mount both the control panel for the hydraulic jacks as well as whatever I ended up using for monitoring the Victron system (I decided on a Touch 50 GX in the end). Originally I was going to bend up an aluminum box...
  10. gprguy

Nothing specific other than seeing if anything leaks when I try lifting the truck for the first time. All the hoses are "professionally" crimped, I didn't make any of them. If I'm missing something I'm all ears, this is my first foray into hydraulics other than tractors and my well worn forklift.
  11. gprguy

Looking at the photos it doesn't seem like a lot has changed this week but I did get plenty done. Mostly wiring and plumbing, trying to find places to run cables and hoses that won't box me into a corner in the future. At this point I have all of the air and hydraulic bulkhead fittings...
  12. gprguy

Surround Camera Install on a 2019 2500 Laramie

I have 68361479AC and 68361478AC in my notes for black, 360 surround cameras, power fold, heated, power spotter mirror, spotter lamp mirrors for my 2022. I haven't ordered them yet however.
  13. gprguy

It hasn't been the best of weeks - slipped and fell while on a business trip and whacked my ribs on the way down. Seems I got off lucky, just a muscle thing or maybe a hairline at worst, but it's not going to speed things up. Anyway, enough whining - I have managed to be productive over the last...
  14. gprguy

In-bed campers

I keep mine on a Reico Titan camper dolly. A really overpriced but well made piece - if I had the time at the time I would have welded one up myself instead and saved half even after buying expensive big HD caster wheels. You can kind of see it in the background of this photo. I added a cheap...
  15. gprguy

Spent a good chunk of yesterday going down a rabbit hole that didn't work out - I was trying to incorporate the flange for the door frame into the lower panels, but long story short my brake isn't up to pulling off bends that close together in .063 aluminum. So a bunch of time was spent thinking...