Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by gort

1. gort

Cd player

Thanks for the reply, Jimmy07 -- I didn't take pictures of that connector when I pulled the center stack display and removed the console. I only took pictures of the connectors that weren't obvious to aid re-assembly. I do, however, have to pull the display again this weekend to add a power...
  2. gort

Cd player

I hate to resurrect a thread, but FWIW, I'm currently in the process of doing the same thing to my 2020 2500 Laramie. I have the ginormous 12" touchscreen. The main impetus is that I hate cables and hate having to plug in my phone every time I get in the truck. Also, I don't use Android auto...
  3. gort

Headlamp Deicing

Yep -- mine builds up a lot at the A-pillar. But it also builds up on the blade itself and eventually lifts it off the windshield making it ineffective. I've driven though snowstorms where I had to do the lift-and-snap every few minutes. FWIW, I never heard of heated wiper blades -- but then...
  4. gort

Headlamp Deicing

Not sure where you live, but I live in Central PA, and we also get a decent amount of snow during the winter. During this past winter, I really didn't have much of an issue with the LED headlights on my 2020 getting snow-covered. And we did get a good bit of snowfall. Rather, my main...
  5. gort

Adding Wireless Mobile Phone Charging

Out of curiosity, does anyone know whether, if the truck has the media ports already, the existing console harness in the truck has the CD connector already? Or do I need to order another harness? If so, does anyone have the part number?
  6. gort

Adding Wireless Mobile Phone Charging

So *now* I find this thread. I just ordered the wireless charging pad and CD player for my 2020 2500. It has the 12.1" screen and media connectors, but no charging pad or CD player. I hate messing with wires so I decided to order the charging pad. Since it comes with the CD bezel, I figured...
  7. gort

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Well, I tried it with setting the preset to FM and to USB1 (I have a thumb drive in the USB1 slot). If I left the radio on SiriuxXM when I shut the truck off, it started in SiriusXM on the next start regardless of the presets. I'm assuming that there's some option I need to check in the config...
  8. gort

How do you guys haul bikes?

I used one of these receiver hitch bike carriers when shuttling my kids back and forth to college. It worked well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJLYMW6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  9. gort

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

BTW, that blue of yours is sharp-looking too. I would have gone with something like that but I tend toward white and shades of grey as my preferred colors. I guess I'm just boring. :confused:
  10. gort

Let's see them Night Edition Packages! :D

I'm a big fan of Granite Crystal Metallic, too. My last truck (a 2019 1500) was the same color and I really liked it, so I wanted the same color for my 2500. I lucked out on this one. The dealership ordered it and it had just shipped when I saw it on their website. It was the only one of...
  11. gort

Your gun is poop

Let me tell you about that terrible boating accident...
  12. gort

New Truck Tire Pressure Question

2020 2500 Laramie, same tires. I'm impressed that yours were only at 80 lbs. My door sticker says 65 front and 70 rear. My truck showed up at about 85-87 lbs front and rear -- and that was in December in the northeast. Can't imagine what the pressure would have been if it was a summer...
  13. gort

Unleaded 88, Is It Ok?

I'm with you on the E0. Unfortunately, there are very few places around me that still sell unadulterated gasoline -- just about every place is 10% ethanol now. When I do get a chance to get a tank full of *real* gasoline I relish it.
  14. gort

Unleaded 88, Is It Ok?

FWIW, I checked the owner's manual for my 2020 on a whim and found this. 15% ethanol is apparently acceptable for the 2020 6.4 -- not that I'd run it.