Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by GOES211

1. GOES211

HAM Radio Mount

@southern_yank Good work on the radio install. I am going down a similar road. Question: Did you ever figure out what the PN is for the plastic wedge nuts? Thank you for your time.
  2. GOES211

Thuren Springs with air-bags

I pulled the trigger on some Timber Grove air-bags. After some back and forth and some rear end measurements, the +2” bags were recommended due to the fact that they compress to the same height as the standard bags but they expand further. I am going to hold off on the Daystar cradle until I...
  3. GOES211

Thank you Sir.
  4. GOES211

Roger that. Thank you. Comparing the bottom airbag mount that you didn’t use and the cradle, would you say the cradle was taller overall?
  5. GOES211

I remember seeing that once as well, but I believe it was on a vendor’s site. That’s exactly why I’m here to see what people’s experience is. My suspicion, though just a guess, is that the 1-2” of lift in the rear comment is due to the fact that the rear axle should droop further with a lift...
  6. GOES211

Thank you for pointing those out. I was not aware of them. I will add them to the list of potential solutions.
  7. GOES211

I appreciate the note on the install. How did you make sure the cradle was centered on the air bag prior to drilling? Is your truck at the factory ride height? Can you share any impressions after living with the combo for a bit? Thank you for your input.
  8. GOES211

Greetings collective minds of the forum. I recently installed Thuren soft ride +1” front and -1/2” rear springs on a 2500 diesel. I tried towing with yellow Sumo Springs with ~800lbs tongue weight and was completely disappointed. I would like to supplement the rear suspension with air bags...
  9. GOES211

Airbags with Thuren springs

Bump. What did you decide on and how is it working?
  10. GOES211

My 2500 handles tows better then my new 3500.

Thanks for coming back and sharing what you learned. Just two days ago I went and ordered some three-ply sidewall tires to replace the two-ply stockers.
  11. GOES211

Rear wheel well liners

I’ve been watching this thread and another about fender flares. Has anybody installed both the liner and the OEM flare? Are there any lessons learned? Ultimately I would like to cross the finish line with OEM liners, OEM flares, and suitable mud flaps.
  12. GOES211

My 2500 handles tows better then my new 3500.

I’m curious what you find out as I have been suspicious about those tires while towing as well. I have those tires and the few miles I have towed (300 miles @ 50 mph into the break-in period) and the truck is very unsettled and wiggles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. GOES211

Auto dim rear view mirror

Thank you both for the pointers. I will get to this as soon as it warms up. Question: does anyone have a part number for the auto dim mirror or has a VIN of a truck that comes with one?
  14. GOES211

Rear wheel well liners

@dslbrnr Do you by chance have the part numbers for the liners that you had installed? Ultimately I am looking to install the liners along with OEM flares and splash guards.
  15. GOES211

Auto dim rear view mirror

I’ll revive this post. I have a 2020 Tradesman and I’d like to ad the auto dim rearview mirror. Has anybody successfully installed one where it wasn’t original? My truck has the cab marker lights.