Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Godzilla

1. Godzilla

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

LOL... I did. Must have been thinking about the Jag XKE that I always lusted after. Thanks for the correction. I'm not going to edit it, keeps me humble.
  2. Godzilla

I read your sig line and it's about like my history. I had a '98 2500 gasser too... a V12 with NV4500 which ran like a scalded ape empty but was a dog with the 5th wheel hooked up... 6mpg and no torque. Then I had a 2005 5.9 QC 2500 G56 that I regret selling as well... that was an amazing...
  3. Godzilla

It's a small world, my friend D.J. manages that location.
  4. Godzilla

If you look on about page 5 of this thread, I wrote a fair amount about the Defenders. I live in the East Mountains near ABQ And have been getting my tires from Discount since coming here 20-something years ago.
  5. Godzilla

Night theme/Dark Mode for bottom half of screen

That’s it Jimmy, the setting you circled (theme mode). How I didn’t see that is beyond comprehension. Problem solved. Thank you so very much.
  6. Godzilla

That’s it, you’re right on. Now, how to fix the UC5. The day/night just seems to make it bright/less bright but I’d rather make the night version NOT white in color.
  7. Godzilla

When using Apple CarPlay, I have it set to the screen split as you can see. During night hours, the top half of the screen goes into Dark Mode fine but the bottom stays white/Day Mode. I can't find any place in the menu to adjust this and that white screen is blinding while driving at night...
  8. Godzilla

Mopar fuel filters

That's about what I was paying for my 2500's FF changes. I'd imagine the filters are cheaper through Geno's and no labor costs would be a bonus.
  9. Godzilla

Mopar fuel filters

I've gotta learn to do my own FFs. Used to do it in my 2005 5.9 but I never did them in my 2017 2500 - now I have a '22 3500 and I really don't want to pay the labor cost to get it done.
  10. Godzilla

Looking for new tires for the 3500 SRW

It’s my understanding that 18s will ride smoother but I can’t say for sure as I’ve never had a truck with them. I didn’t want 20s, glad the truck I got didn’t have them.
  11. Godzilla

new 2022 blue DEF code format

Thanks. WTF is wrong with some people? OTC meds are damn near impossible to open thanks to the Tylenol killer back in the early 80s.
  12. Godzilla

new 2022 blue DEF code format

Is there a shelf life for it? I've been driving diesels since before we started having to use the stuff and I never knew there was a concern.
  13. Godzilla

Looking for new tires for the 3500 SRW

I've been driving Dodge Ram diesels for 20 years and Defender LTX M/S, and it's predecessor, same tire pretty much without the Defender name and maybe a slightly different rubber compound, have been what I have always run. I tow often and it's usually fairly heavy; my tires are 295/70/18. The...
  14. Godzilla

12" Uconnect Split Screen

Alrighty… I’ll give it a go tomorrow. Thank you.
  15. Godzilla

12" Uconnect Split Screen

Right... I can the nav to do that. Ideally, I'd like Apple CarPlay on the top half of the screen, then two separate widgets on each of the bottom quarters. I've just been so dang busy I've not been able to really dive into the workings of this and then, every time I get behind the wheel I tell...