Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Glassman

1. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

I’m waiting on my oil analysis results. My truck has been at the dealership for 32 days straight now for the 4th time and I have no updates except for waiting on results. I am under the impression either the dealership or stellantis is trying to cover up my oil issue. I was last told by my case...
  2. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

Thank you for posting this! Would you mind sharing how over full your oil level was? Also was it extremely thin when cold and extremely thin? I have not been able to test mine but I am curious how it would compare.
  3. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

Good idea! If I get it back without fresh oil and it being documented I will.
  4. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

I really appreciate the reply’s and advice. My concern of testing myself is there is little to no proof of where the sample came from. Also same thing with changing the oil on my own. I am expecting the dealership to note the oil level correctly and changing it this time. I think someone was...
  5. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

We unfortunately have no dealers within a 100mi that have real diesel techs. I asked my ram cares case manager when Ram was going to get more involved he only says they are doing all they can and is so sorry I have to go through this
  6. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

This is still factory oil
  7. G

Fuel in oil

I’m also way over full although my dealership claims this is a “normal” level. I’m on warranty visit #4 for frequent regeneration. They have replaced the MAF and DPF after a STAR case was opened and closed. Has anyone found solutions?
  8. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

I requested a sample and the filter. It is still at the dealership. I took the picture with my plate for verification since the dealership has already noted on a previous w/o customer mentioning oil overfull but it checks fine.
  9. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

Sorry about that
  10. G

22 6.7 “making oil”

22 Ram 2500 with under 9k miles that has been experiencing excessive regens. It is at the dealership again making the 4th attempt at the issue. This is the cold oil level taken after setting level. According to the dealership they consider it a “normal level”. It is so thin it will hardly stay...
  11. G

Frequent Active Regen fix

It was at the same level before wiping as well. There is no question it is way overfull. I appreciate the advice though. I have always checked twice once being wiped and rechecked to verify it has not drug along the tube and to verify a correct reading.
  12. G

I always pull wipe clean and reinsert
  13. G

Yes it was sitting all weekend on a level surface. I am not happy about it but I am in a damned if I do damned if I don’t scenario. Especially since it’s been like this or close for 3000 miles now. I worry what the bearings look like! I would like an independent lab test the oil but I don’t feel...
  14. G

I just dropped the truck off for a 4th attempt at the frequent regen. I also brought to the dealership’s attention the fact that the oil is severely overfull. This time I took a picture of the dipstick. It smells more like diesel than out and is so thin it will hardly stay on the stick. I’ve...
  15. G

Thanks have you had any regen issues?