Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by fuchsroehre

1. fuchsroehre

Torque specifications

These are whole sections, not just 1 page. See attached....... It's really worth the 40$ considering people seem to spend 1000$ like nothing on stuff and dealer services.
  2. fuchsroehre

Torque specifications

Hi, I bought the below and was pretty impressed. You have 3 days and can pull all service info you might want for now or future. Just save the pdfs on your computer...... I do not have the same trans as you otherwise I would give torque values to you.
  3. fuchsroehre

How is your def working in the cold??

We need the limp mode to be at 80mph instead of 5mph. That hopefully takes care of any emission system issues except a plugged DPF.
  4. fuchsroehre

New recall 11/10/2022 for the 68RFE ** UPDATED INFO IN 1ST POST **

I feel there is some sort of recall letter coming every few month. Not a big fan of that, costs my time to go in. Then having no truck for a while and techs messing with my otherwise good truck. There is a small chance that something will get messed up. Would not be the first time that dealer...
  5. fuchsroehre

Manual Regeneration for Pickups POLL

You guys are overthinking it. Just drive the truck and don't worry. 99% of people do it this way and that is how the truck was designed for. When the DPF is broken, replace it with a muffler+ software.
  6. fuchsroehre

Bumper pulling 12k lbs with a 2500?

I would go enclosed goosneck. I know its more expensive but unless you always rent a garage at the track or have a motorhome to stay in it is such a great convenience to have a shelter at the racetrack. There are endless advantages of an enclosed trailer. Took me a few years to understand and...
  7. fuchsroehre

Baja Designs Ram light bar kit arrived!

1900$ + uncle sam is pretty steep. The lights, location and lumen numbers look nice though. I was looking into ARBs Intensity solis 36 LED flood and spot combo. These are "just" 720$. Have not convinced myself yet that lights are more important than gokart tires yet. LOL.
  8. fuchsroehre

Stop sale on new diesels in cold climates? DEF freezing

honestly I do not care how the truck goes into 5mph limp mode. There is more to it then just frozen DEF. The first responder calibration takes care of all issues causing the 5mph restrictions. Low def, no def, broken pump, broken sensor, injector bad........there are probably 324 reasons, I do...
  9. fuchsroehre

Won't Get To Temperature - Seriously - $1k

You need to find a different dealer, even if that sounds painful. Your dealer seems to have the intern working on your truck :-).
  10. fuchsroehre

Stop sale on new diesels in cold climates? DEF freezing

We need to find an option to get a "first responder" calibration. Such calibrations leave emissions hardware intact but in case there is some issue, they do not go into 5mph mode. I wish a tuner would come up with such option. I am not a big fan of tunes which modify boost pressure or fuelling...
  11. fuchsroehre

Side to Side Rocking

Hard to read your comment :-). And I thought its only me who does not write the best...... does not matter what axle type. Sway bar is unloading the inner tire and therefore loading up the outer tire while driving through a corner. That has the effect that the outer tire can take less load than...
  12. fuchsroehre

Side to Side Rocking

Be careful with removing the front sway bar. What happens is that now you increase grip on the front and cause more oversteer. That makes the vehicle less controllable under extreme conditions. Its easy to cause an accident that way.
  13. fuchsroehre

Fuel additives? Hot Shot Secret

Premium Diesel has additives like these already mixed in at the Pump. There is "regular" Diesel#2 at the pump and sometimes premium Diesel. The latter is about 10 cents more per gallon. Especially in the winter time northern gas station have additives added mostly against gelling but other...
  14. fuchsroehre

Studded winter tires

With studded tires I would definitely buy a 2nd set of wheels dedicated for these tires. These wheels would be 18inch and I bet there are good winter tires for that size.
  15. fuchsroehre

Let’s see your trailer organization, mods etc

Here is our 20 ft intech Aluminum trailer. We have added a few self build and welded aluminum pieces, the cabinets in the front came with the trailer. Recently I added a tire rack for the gokart tires. That is on the upper left hand side wall. A Dometic 13.5k roof AC was a must have and maybe...