Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by freebird_78

1. F

Toyota Has Me Tempted To Separate From Power Wagon

Same here. I bought a new '19 TRD Pro. Absolute worst piece of **** I've ever owned. Worst transmission/engine combo I've ever owned. ****tiest interior I've ever owned. Thankfully the TuRD fanbois out there paid me what I paid for it. Could not sell it fast enough. Will NEVER own...
  2. F

New Power Wagon Owner A few questions

Echoing the alignment comments. My toe was WAY off from the factory. Not sure how that happens, but it did.
  3. F

Oem stock wheel (not spare wheel) for spare?

If you do find one, please share. I'm looking to do the same, and also have the all black wheels.
  4. F

SOLD - New 2023 Power Wagon Stock Wheels & Tires - Nashville/Cincinnati

If you ever consider splitting them up, I'm interested in a matching spare for my PW.
  5. F

Powerwagon light bar options?

Really impressive workmanship and write up. However... SPADES?!? Kidding, somewhat. Why not go with weatherpac, metripack, Deutsch, etc? They're weather tight and look OEM. I mean, I see you used the marine grade stuff, which is great, but spades (or any other solderless terminal) is about...
  6. F

Adaptive Transmission has power issues when shifting

Not quite. The 8HP75 is the same between my Diesel Gladiator and the PW. The Charger has the 8HP70, which is simply a slightly lower rating of the same transmission.
  7. F

Well, I suppose that sounds more dramatic than it really is. For most any other gear, with light load, it'll shift around 2k rpm. For 5th, it'll hang till around 2700 before shifting, then it'll only stay in 6th for about a second or two, onto 7th. I have two other ZF 8 speeds (Diesel...
  8. F

I'm hoping this addresses the tranny hanging onto 5th for an inordinate amount of time, then basically forgetting that 6ths exists. It did this with the OEM tires and still does it when reprogrammed for the 35s.
  9. F

Google is updating Android Auto to fit all screen sizes!

In a way, it's a bit of a step backwards. Now the actual nav portion is even smaller, and the music portion is redundant. Now, if they made it full screen, with the stuff that coolwalk puts on the side, on the bottom instead, it'd be great.
  10. F

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Retried it. Worked. I think it was a sketchy thumb drive. But did make the mistake of updating the maps THEN updating the FW (which wipes out the map update). Time to update maps a second time.
  11. F

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Damn, I DLed this from the original link, copied to NTFS, booted to it, was found, asked to update, then failed saying "not compatible with vehicle". Mines a '22 with the 12" Uconnect.
  12. F

***SOLD*** Power Wagon Rock Rails

Responsive, fast shipping, great seller.
  13. F

And they're off a gen 4.5 PW? If so, I'll take them.
  14. F

Are these still for sale? Still $350 shipped?
  15. F

Fuel Quality => MPG?

Further update... After seeing 4 degrees of timing getting pulled WAY more often than I'd like, I stopped and dumped 4 gallons of E85. Again, the math works out so that 4 gallons of E85 mixed with 27 Gallons of 86 yields about E20 with an octane of 88.5. Graphed timing, and almost...