Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Farmtruck

1. F

Roll Up Tonneau Covers - Does More Money Equal a Better Cover?

In the ones I’ve had you kinda get what you pay for. I had a truxedo cheaper version and while it did its job and never really leaked. It was noisy going down the highway and didn’t look the best. I have had 2 extang revolutions and loved both of them. 8’ and 6’4 beds. Hell even talked my dad...
  2. F

2021 Limited seats vs 2019/2020 Limited Seats

I saw someone else say they thought the 21s were a richer leather than the 19 they had. Limited to limited
  3. F

ram dually

If I’m not mistaken, the air assist 3500s are the roughest riding trucks empty.
  4. F

Warranty issue

They took advantage of you on that one..
  5. F

ram dually

A SO would be more than sufficient as would the 3.73 gears. I would suggest a 3500 thought for towing a 5th wheel of that size due to pin weight. I know a ton of guys pull them with 2500s but you see lots of them upgrading. Especially the ones traveling hundreds of miles at a time traveling...
  6. F

Safe top speed in 4 wheel drive?

I don’t really think there’s a speed limit when using 4Hi. As long as you feel comfortable use it with common sense. I’ve never engaged it over 55 but I’ve went faster than that using it. Look at all the guys drag racing and doing 4wd launches. The driveline are tough and designed to handle the...
  7. F

I wish my truck...

I don’t see it on there website. But looking at my tailgate, I don’t see why the one for a 2018 wouldn’t work.. I’d be tempted to try it.
  8. F

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

I will give you that. I have logged more miles than I care in a Volvo and a cascadia. BUT a star is simply ugly to me. Their “hood” trucks with the smashed looking bunk don’t even compare to a Pete or KDub
  9. F

Thuren front leveling coils and payload/towing capacity

I did install a +1” block in the back, but mine was a 3500 with leafs... I had a 2500 coil spring truck but I never messed with the suspension short of bilstien shocks,
  10. F

I wish my truck...

I had the metal cover from deezee on my tailgate on my last 4th gen, it really was a nice piece. It was powder coated black so it didn’t stand out, and not much over $100
  11. F

I wish my truck...

I wish mine was a 21 or came with a CP3, but I’ll take care of that. It’s just slowed me down taking the truck to Mexico. Lol Only thing I really do not like is the 31 gallon short bed tank.
  12. F

Thuren front leveling coils and payload/towing capacity

The fronts should not affect capacity at all. I had them in my 16 3500 and loved them, towed heavy many times with them as well and zero complaints.
  13. F

Banks Super Guage

Do they use the same pods as a 4th gen (10-18)?
  14. F

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

A 6.4 power stroke, V6 “muscle car” or a Western Star semi
  15. F

Lets see what you are towing!

As much as I rag on Ford, (i absolutely hate powerstrokes) I am very fond of this old Ford. I was brought home from the hospital in it and it gave me the love for trucks. Thank god it isn’t an IDI. It’s well on its way to getting a Cummins under the hood.