Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Farmer 5500

1. Farmer 5500

Ranch Hand bumper installed. Value of factory front bumper?

So I finally got my Ranch Hand style bumper done on my 5500. Wouldn’t mind selling the 4 year old factory front bumper. It’s in very good condition Any idea of selling value?
  2. Farmer 5500

Anyone use their PTO to power a front winch?

It would be a sort of fantasy project, but I see my PTO just sittin there unused. I’d like to have a winch bumper & winch. Bumper is available. Wondered about a winch running off the PTO? Would use the PTO to power a pump, then the pump pull hydraulic fluid from a reservoir to power the winch...
  3. Farmer 5500

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

They paid me very quickly for my rental truck. I lost a hub bearing about a year ago. Part was on back order for 3 weeks and although it was really aggravating, they were good to me.
  4. Farmer 5500

Towing with new 6.4L

Hey thanks for the insult. I own one of those trucks. :oops: But anyway, the touchpad is all I am referring to. It won’t make the truck any faster or slower, but it gets rid of the 1950’s automatic transmission stall.
  5. Farmer 5500

Towing with new 6.4L

I’d like a touchpad like the Allison transmission type in my IH7500 4x4. Really dislike the 1950’s transmission “stalk”. Far outlived it’s usefulness.
  6. Farmer 5500

Bumper pull trailer hook up strangeness

OK, thanks. I think I remember my Duramax 3500 having one when trailer plugged in I swore my GN has a light on when plugged in…..oh well. That’s kind of a relief. I thought something was broke.
  7. Farmer 5500

Yes it has brakes on one axle. They respond to both the manual and service brakes. No trailer icon on dash when plugged-in. But warning light comes on when plug is pulled out. Other information: trailer sat outside a while and battery was DOA when I bought it. Wonder if theres a rusted ground...
  8. Farmer 5500

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Anyone know why I might have a power steering type whine/buzz all the time since pump replacement?
  9. Farmer 5500

Do you have a small trailer icon on your dash with trailer hooked up? I could go hook up my GN to find out, but it’s 10 miles away and much easier to ask another Ram owner
  10. Farmer 5500

You are talking about checking the wiring ground to the trailers chassis for rust/corrosion?
  11. Farmer 5500

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Sorry if it’s been beaten to death: What’s a CP 3.3? Better? Worse?
  12. Farmer 5500

Bought a light duty 20’ bumper pull trailer for mowers & ATV’s yesterday. At dealer, trailer battery was dead. Dealer stole a battery from trailer next to it. We verified with a tester it was healthy. Drove 90 miles home. Now I’m pretty sure when my big gooseneck is hooked up, there’s a little...
  13. Farmer 5500

Hope I’m in the right thread. Got my pump replaced 2 weeks ago. Here’s what I have noticed: Truck has slightly longer crank time. Used to fire over in 1/4 second. Now it’s like 2-3X that. Noticeable whine-like power steering pump line “buzzing”. Were we given CP-3 pumps?
  14. Farmer 5500

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

One of the guys at the local diesel shop told me today’s common rail diesel injector tolerances are so tight, that if you draw a line on a plunger with a sharpie marker, it will be tough to fit the plunger back in. As was said before, the injector holes are miniscule
  15. Farmer 5500

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

Man I’d a thought this thread would have exploded with traffic with this announcement?