Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by FantaInOz

1. FantaInOz

Australian Converted 2500 - Making it Right!

Olive2022HO3500 I got a chance to take a taillight out again for a look. I can’t see any access to the reverse section, without perhaps heating the seal and separating the lens from the unit. There is an over label with a -AUS part number which I assume is applied after the modification.
  2. FantaInOz

MEGA HO 3500 you’re absolutely right there. Olive2022HO3500 thanks for checking! Now I need to trace where they’ve disabled those [emoji2361]
  3. FantaInOz

I’ve had a slow few weeks on this project after having our 3rd child……. [emoji854] Something else I’ve noticed when my wife came home with the truck this afternoon, is that only the lower half of the rear reversing (back-up / white) lights work. I pulled one of the taillights off quickly to...
  4. FantaInOz

@Olive2022HO3500 thank you for your input and insights. Very helpful
  5. FantaInOz

You’re right on each of the connectors - C5 and C6. Very interesting. I don’t think I do have rear fogs now that you mention it. I have fronts and no switch for rears. It’s something I’ve struggled to come to terms with since moving from Ireland; rear fog lights are not compulsory in Australia...
  6. FantaInOz

Another bit of exploration tonight.…. 1 wire from each BCM connectors C5 and C6 have been pulled and connected to a loom made during the conversion. This loom runs above the glove box into the ether and I suspect runs to the unknown wiring on the other side of the car. TBC with multimeter. The 2...
  7. FantaInOz

I'm going to try to trace them but likely to be difficult. The gauges and colours look like they match some of the piggybacking that going on on the other side of the car, connecting to the BCM though. You and me both! It's very frustrating with the premium price tag on these trucks down...
  8. FantaInOz

Lets see what you are towing!

9. FantaInOz

I pulled back the tape to reveal the part number @Jimmy07 Does that look familiar?
  10. FantaInOz

Interesting, great knowledge @Jimmy07 I’m not aware of any unusual laws down here around lighting. That being said, I’m Irish and only been living down here 10 years. Everything else, light-wise, appears to be normal although a side-by-side with a factory truck would be useful! The two pairs...
  11. FantaInOz

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Gave mine a long deserved wash (needs another one to complete the job!) and had my tub rack and roller cover installed. Much happier now :)
  12. FantaInOz

Alright, I’ve had a win getting the cargo lights going. 1 pin pulled in each, C5 and C6 of the BCM connectors. As @Jimmy07 said, there is a lot going on under there and too tight to see enough. I can’t pull things apart too much with my wife heavily pregnant and may need a ride to the hospital...
  13. FantaInOz

I’ll peel it all back and get a good look at what’s happening in there.
  14. FantaInOz

DRL’s are allowed and mine are working. I need to get to the bottom of the front lights too as there are definitely some that are not turning on.
  15. FantaInOz

Thanks @Jimmy07 There was a score mark on Pin 30 of the C5 connector so was clearly removed from there; it‘s now back in place. It has made no difference to my lighting. I did notice C6 Pin 6 is labelled for the cargo light so I’m going to check that in the next day or two when I can get back...