Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Electronut

1. Electronut

Dc to dc charging tie into 3500 battery/alternator

Your on the proper track. Everything you said you are using for hardware is fine. I also used 6awg wire. I did use the fuseless switch style circuit breakers which also work well as shutoffs when necessary. I have one 50amp on the truck side and another on the DC to DC charger side. T Tocas...
  2. Electronut

less than a year old and dead battery?

Not with a multimeter. However after running and powering off the dash said the voltage would be between 13.2 to 13.4v which was high. This new AGM Die Hard battery has a resting 12.7 to 12.8v so on the money. I know I had a bad battery since the truck being new because my voltages were off...
  3. Electronut

Correct. They don't shut down and always push out the nominal voltage. All newer vehicles have draw so why even more important to have on a trickle charger.
  4. Electronut

So you are telling me Deltran makes and markets their tenders to eventually fail batteries? Doesn't add up. The voltage charge is so low that it's no different than the batteries receiving a constant charge off the alternator and actually a heck of alot less than that even with the tender. Hence...
  5. Electronut

Reputable Deltran Battery Tender. Use on my 2016 Jeep as well that sat for months at a time. Sat entire Summer in fact until now as I will be selling it. Never an issue and still has the original battery. Deltran has a storage mode once battery is topped off. Signified with it's front LEDs...
  6. Electronut

Well I feel better finding this post because my new 2022 2500 Laramie with only 7600 miles and 8 months old had battery go completely dead tonight. When I went to start everything went bonkers. Battery was getting warm and smelled like rotton eggs too nNot a daily driver so always keep on a...
  7. Electronut

87 Octane is OK for 6.4L Hemi?

That's crazy fuel mileage on this HD truck. What rear gearing you have? Can't believe 4.10 gearing gets so much less. Quite a large gap.
  8. Electronut

87 Octane is OK for 6.4L Hemi?

I just returned from our first big trip towing our 27' travel trailer. Used 87 octane 85% of the 1500 miles. No knocking at all. Can't even get 89 in NJ so on way home in Virginia I said what the hell let me try a tank of 89. Absolutely no noticeable difference. I actually may have lost 1 MPG...
  9. Electronut

M&R Auto 30" Lightbar on brand new 2022 2500 Hemi 6.4

No worries man. Nice work brother. Love the creativity. 2 minds think alike. Love this engineering. I have the rear camera system that came with the truck but not as complex as this for functionality. Would have liked something for the front truck coverage. Like the fact that its a looping...
  10. Electronut

M&R Auto 30" Lightbar on brand new 2022 2500 Hemi 6.4

Hey Dan - Aftermarket? Care to share product details etc? I'm interested
  11. Electronut

Electronuts 2022 2500 Build

Added the full Bedrug last night. Fit like a glove. Really like it. Protects items in the bed plus cargo itself plus quiets everything down in there and now can also kneel when working with cargo. Additional pic showing clean lines of the truck now with stationary running boards removed and...
  12. Electronut

Agree 100%. The RC have only been out less than 1 year I believe. Pretty new product but getting great reviews. They tuck under awesome. Can't see them at all. Totally disappear. Visually very appealing and minimal gap at that when they fold. You have to look really hard to see they are there...
  13. Electronut

So this install happened slowly over the last couple nights. Bad experience with this dealer I bought the truck from regarding getting power steps so I said screw them and do it on my own. I went with the Rough Country EBoards and couldn't be happier. Quality product from my perspective and...
  14. Electronut

Dc to dc charging tie into 3500 battery/alternator

I just finished tying in my Tocas 50amp thermal circuit breaker into the HAPP system of my 2500. I've had great success installing these in my previous truck I was using to pull our Airstream. The beauty as well is there are no fuses to deal with and if you want to cut power for any reason it's...