Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by EJP

1. E

Dedicated presets

You get 30 presets you can make them all satellite or all am/fm or any combination of the 3 of course thats only when the system is working....
  2. E

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Get used to it. Once truck goes to sleep the radio resets and will work again. I find if it happens while driving I find a place to pull over shut truck off and open door wait about 10 minutes shut door and restart truck and all is back to normal, and this is after 3 hard drives and 1 touch...
  3. E

According to the guy I talked to at Ram cares he said they would have the techs push through all the updates early next week and I'd get them one after the other till I was current. When asked about my missing off road pages he said that would be a Ram connect issue and that Ram cares deals with...
  4. E

After 3 hard drives and a new touchscreen and still no improvement Ram cares is forcing through all the updates since my system is stuck at S21b.5. They claim that will fix it, I'm not holding my breath. On a side note since the last hard drive replacement I've lost my offroad pages. dealer...
  5. E

happens all the time with mine. I've had it replaced 3 times, and now they are replacing the screen too
  6. E

After 12 days and 2 Uconnect 12" systems and the dealer losing my keys (whole other story) Got the call it was fixed. Went to the dealer Friday night and picked truck up and all was good for the weekend. Today I drive to work back into my spot shut truck off and push start button to accessory...
  7. E

Truck has been at the dealership since December 27, after Chrysler made the tech run a bunch of tests on the new non working Uconnect system they have come to the conclusion they need to order another Uconnect system. fingers crossed this one isn't defective like the first two and I can get my...
  8. E

Unfortunately I don't truck is still at the dealership.
  9. E

Update: Tech noticed new system had 1 more plug than the system he took out, didn't think to much of it and installed the radio, unfortunately the system now doesn't work at all. Per Chryslers request tech left truck outside so modules could go to sleep in hopes they play nice in the morning...
  10. E

After having all the same issues as everyone else and many trips to the dealer (truck is there now) they have informed me they have ordered a new Uconnect 5 system for my truck. Unfortunately I do not know how they came to the conclusion its the actual unit and not the software.
  11. E

As soon as truck is in range of wifi if an update is available it comes up on the screen. truck does not have to be running for update to download
  12. E

Truck had another over the air update last night (S21D.5) changed absolutely nothing. I wish they would tell you what the update was trying to fix even a general description like apple does when it updates your phone.
  13. E

It's a horrible system, I have the exact same issues and the current update (s21c.6) does not fix the issue either. Going back to the dealer for the second time on the 27th to run more "tests" because the 20+ pics and videos of it acting possessed aren't enough to prove its messed up.
  14. E

New Uconnect 5 Temp reading

Mine has actually gotten worse since the last update (s21C.6) it has become very laggy when its on for any length of time, I'll do a soft reset through the settings app and it will fix the problem for a few hours. Of course the soft reset only works if my screen is functional many times it goes...
  15. E

New Uconnect 5 Temp reading

It's an issue with mine too. If you go into settings and scroll to radio reset you can get them back. mine will stay on for about a day before having to do it again. Dealer has no idea why it does this along with also going completely blank and locking all functions. System is running the most...