Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by duallyben

1. duallyben

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

I have driven trucks in the 30-40k lb with anywhere from 6-18 gears in different trucks. More gears is not better honestly, you all need to get past that idea. Most driving is on the the highway and so the only gears that matter for fuel economy especially are the last one or 2 I find...
  2. duallyben

Driving in 4hi

I have been doing a 60m each way route for over 8 years now. I have done it most in a ram with an aisin and gooseneck with between 10k-15k lb trailer. The weight difference is if that the water level can be empty to full either direction. Healthy hill both directions that bring semis to half...
  3. duallyben

Traded in for a blue oval and here are my findings...

Glad to hear the 7.3 is holding up, typically if you are running an f550 the truck does not just do grocery runs. The other part that confuses me a little with these ford's is that I walk into the dealer that sold me and ask for an oil filter they tell me they don't have access to parts for any...
  4. duallyben

Traded in for a blue oval and here are my findings...

I own an f-600 2021 factory ordered, almost every box checked and a 2021 ram 5500 which had most of what I wanted, but not everything. Ford allows folding mirrors, ram 5500 no. Ford 10 speed, constant down shifting and if you think it uses the exhaust break it was probably the wind. Ram on the...
  5. duallyben

Suggestions for Hensley arrow, Pro Pride, Gen-y torsion flex, wdh

I have used gen-y hitches with great success. No wdh hitches, but I pull a liquid filled hydrovac trailer with a pintle connection, it handles the trailer well imo
  6. duallyben

S/O Has Plenty Of Power

I got a 2021 5500 with an SO and Aisin same if not better pulling them the 2016 3500 srw HO with Aisin I had. I also have a new f600 with the 6.7 and a 10 speed the ram loaded gets up the hill on the highway quicker.
  7. duallyben

Allison Tranny - when?

You guys that want more gears, honestly it's actually worse to tow with. In the last 15 months I have owned and run these. 2020 chev 3500 high country dually diesel 10 sp. 2021 ram 5500 SO diesel with Aisin and 4.44 rear got a 11ft deck. 2019 intetnational hv507 4x4 with cummins 8.9 and...
  8. duallyben

2020 5500 transfer case failure

Just for curiosity what rear end in your 5500? 4.44 or the 4.89?
  9. duallyben

TPMS

My 2016 3500 I grabbed oem sensors from a 1500 set of tires I found for cheaper then the sensors cost. This was 4 years ago, the tpms were oem, but I have the equipment to change tires and never did any programing and they worked like I mention above. I have never read about tpms sensors...
  10. duallyben

Why does my MPG suck so bad?

Endurance is one of the few that allow that speed, but you are correct. The 10 pl is what eliminates them for me, I find the saliun s637 14 pl to last longer and be more resistant to flats. Max speed is 75 mph or 120 km/h in my neck of the woods which is still faster then I like to push...
  11. duallyben

TPMS

If you can put your old tires on to make sure the system works, if it does its the sensors in your new tires and you are best to go back to who ever sold/installed them. You are correct in that a few miles you should see inflation numbers on your screen.
  12. duallyben

TPMS

Oem?
  13. duallyben

Why does my MPG suck so bad?

Best mpg I find is when going between 62-65 mph. I towed daily same trailer, same path with the weights changing, but a cargo trailer so the resistance stayed the same. Also keep in mind most trailer tires say to keep it under 70 mph.
  14. duallyben

3,500 miles on my '20 2500 Diesel Crew-couple observations and a couple questions

I run full exhaust with tow haul with my 2021 5500 at 19k lbs on the truck and never notice it go under. Coming from a 2016 3500 srw with 6.7 and aisin (towing not hauling like my 5500) I noticed right away ram tighted their cruise to keep you a lot closer to you set speed. I will tow the...
  15. duallyben

off topic - trailer tires

I run a gooseneck with 16 inch tires, you want a good tire that will last you go 14 pl rated tires. I have easily put on 100k miles on the trailer, going 14 pl rated was my second best decision after converting to disc brakes. 10 ply tires I would get 4k miles till I needed replacement, 14ply...