Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by DRAGRAM

1. DRAGRAM

2023 Frequent Regen - P2459

I would clear that code in a heartbeat. They going to call you a liar? Besides I think it wiil be in history if you are able to clear it. In other words it will change from active to history. I have seen my DPF Gauge go down in % without an active regen many times. But if you happen to have the...
  2. DRAGRAM

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

I am sorry, I was quoting from the shop manual diagnosis for the P0299 code. Not a TSB. But I did want to update you that there is a TSB out that deals with this code. I have NOT had it done to my Truck yet and may never do it. I will tell you that I had noticably more power when I put the...
  3. DRAGRAM

I added info to my response.
  4. DRAGRAM

I can go 15K miles with the white Mopar filter and no issues. I would say it is not too dirty at that point with the driving I do. Mostly towing a 10K Lb race car trailer enclosed. I cannot remember if I specifically had glue strips on my Yellow filters. My OEM and the replacements I used were...
  5. DRAGRAM

OK here is my .02. I have a 21 HO Aisin. It started getting P0299 codes at about 12K miles. Reset and then maybe 2 or 3 thousand more miles it would come back. Then it started getting them even more often. It was a pain in the ass at one point. I was 99% sure the truck came with a yellow filter...
  6. DRAGRAM

P3 brake controller

I have never even tried to lock my Trailer brakes. I was on heavy electric for a while because my trailer brakes were not adjusted (I thought I had auto adjusting brakes). But once I adjusted them I ended up light electric 6 to 7 loaded. I adjust my trailer to stop with the truck in a normal...
  7. DRAGRAM

Shifting Jerkiness

I have a 21 HO Aisin and mine never shifts hashly when driving normal. The only time it will do a harsh shift is if I do something weird with the throttle like ease up real fast but not go all the way closed. I am at 60K miles 90% towing 10,000 pounds. I did have an interesing experience...
  8. DRAGRAM

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Just for info. I traced all these lines out on an engine sitting in a crate at the dealership ready to be installed. Cutting flow to the heater core will not hurt anything. If anything it will INCREASE flow to the EGR cooler and the TURBO. Just my opinion. Pluse the evidence of hundreds if not...
  9. DRAGRAM

limited slip additive

Example.....
  10. DRAGRAM

limited slip additive

I am pretty sure if you buy the Mopar Oil it will have the additive in there. From the 21 shop manual..... I also think there may be a Typo in there. Are'nt the front Diffs open? .
  11. DRAGRAM

Moose Antlers

For me it has nothing to do with looks. About 90% of the time now the mirrors are folded out. Mainly because I moved out to Kingman AZ and most of the time I do any driving it is long distance driving, and I am going to be pulling the Trailer. So for my short trips around town I leave them out...
  12. DRAGRAM

Smell of burned plastic on start

100% agree with this.........
  13. DRAGRAM

How much weight before you use tow/haul mode?

Honestly, I would have to say that the EB is way more agressive with the Tow Haul engauged, DURING A PANIC STOP. So I try not to get caught without it. I only pull 10,000 pounds so I would expect this would be even more important with heavier Trailers. On the other hand I really like the way it...
  14. DRAGRAM

Battery Drain - Wipers On While Truck Off - Check Engine Light - Intake Air Heater System Performance

I would charge the battery and then try and do a circut load test and find out what is happening. Keep in mind, the wipers maybe did not drain the battery. Some modules freak out with low voltage and the wipers might have come on because something else drained the battery.