Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Docwagon1776

1. D

HELLCAT Redeye-Powered 1968 Dodge W200 Is Up For Grabs

Woof. It certainly stands out. 1980's motorhome interior is a nice touch.
  2. D

Google is updating Android Auto to fit all screen sizes!

It's a setting in your phone. Once you activate it in your phone, your truck will figure it out on it's own. You'll need to connect by wire the first time, even if you have wireless AA. With wireless AA you don't need to connect by wire after the activation and can use blue tooth. Easiest...
  3. D

37 Micky Thompson bajas

I don't think they make the "E" in the taller sidewalls. If you get a 20" rim you can get the 37" in E, though.
  4. D

Power Wagon Tonneau Cover

I've used multiple Tonno-Pro tri-folds. As long as you use the supplied tailgate gasket and clamp it down tight, little to no water infiltrates into the bed. The downside is the stitching wears out over the years, but they will warrantee it once it gets bad enough the vinyl starts to come loose.
  5. D

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

I started using them from the year they opened membership to enlisted service members. After almost 20 years of continuously using them, I switched to Geico. Auto insurance wasn't the big issue, although pricewise they weren't nearly as good a deal as they were prior to them advertising...
  6. D

Why Ram?

Understand I didn't set out to buy a HD truck at all. I set out to buy the best truck that would cover long days on the highway to get to fun places then do mid-level off roading/unmaintained roads when you got to those fun places. The Power Wagon ended up being that for me.
  7. D

Android Auto Can't Have Phone Conversation

Did you port over all your old apps? Is it possible you've got some app that's overriding permissions or "stealing" the call from Uconnect or AA? Or is this a blank slate phone, so to speak?
  8. D

Stellantis's price increases highest amongst major brands.

There's plenty of dealers who will do an order for invoice - 3% or so on Fords. Off the lot or local you may be more over the barrel.
  9. D

Squeaking Sound

Do you have rock rails installed?
  10. D

Bed covers that open from the front

So it looks like diamondback is the only option for a hard cover that can open in the front and won't freeze shut if iced over?
  11. D

Bed covers that open from the front

Other than the diamondback and the Extang Encore, are there any bed covers for our trucks that give you the option to open just the front portion? I've currently got a tri-fold, and I'm getting tired of having to move a bunch of stuff to get to a bunch of other stuff because wherever I put the...
  12. D

Arrrgh Tires

They can.
  13. D

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

Maybe. Depending on price, weight, if it works with White Knuckle sliders installed. Whatever happened to the chin plate with lights? Is that going to be compatible if it's ever a thing? Would pre-order just mean put your name in the hat or would it require a deposit? Nothing personal, but...
  14. D

Factory Installed Subwoofer

Turn off surround sound, assuming you are listening to music. Music is recorded in mono or stereo almost exclusively, trying to play it in surround like a movie typically worsens quality. See: https://www.autoblog.com/2022/04/20/car-audio-stereo-surround-sound-comparison/ for a more in depth...
  15. D

Whats your experience with 37's and factory 4.10's and an 8 speed

Ah. Yeah, my stock tires need some steady input on any crown. When I go to 35" I am thinking to try the Thuren alignment specs.