Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by CortexM0

1. CortexM0

2024 Towing Mirror Problems

Occasionally, (once every month or two) when entering my 2023, I'll find my mirrors have been extended about an inch. I don't know what the cause of it is. In my case, we only ever use one of the key fobs. The other is securely stored away and is never used. Also, both memory settings have...
  2. CortexM0

12 pin connector and Trailer Surround View Camera

It gets mounted to the bracket shown in the below picture. I've added a yellow line to show the side it connects to. Something somewhat, kind of, sorta, like this edited picture.
  3. CortexM0

Trailer camera

The plug to the left of the license plate is only for the rearview mirror. Aux 2 cameras will utilize the 12 pin plug to the right of the license plate. The two systems are not compatible. For Aux 2 you'll need a different camera.
  4. CortexM0

Trailer hookup with airbag suspension

I never intentionally disable the airbags. However, when I jack the front of the trailer up to connect the weight distribution bars, the truck will (often but not always) recognize its back end is being lifted and automatically put the truck in tire jack mode.
  5. CortexM0

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

The camera system is capable of working with your 2024, if you ordered your 2024 with the 360 trailer surround camera option. If you didn't order your 2024 with this option, then it won't be enabled on your truck and your truck likely won't have all the needed hardware. As far as I know there...
  6. CortexM0

New update breaks stuff

I had similar symptoms after the last update. A reboot (hold power button to shut down, then power back on) fixed it for me.
  7. CortexM0

Yellowstone in July

The family and I went to Yellowstone last July. This was one just one of many stops in a multi-week camping trip. This was intended to be the highlight of the trip, and we had a longer stay planned there than anywhere else. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, it was amazing. The hot springs...
  8. CortexM0

DRVM add 2024 2500 Rebel

Here's a link to my teardown of this module: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tow-mode-camera-2022-vs-2023.13887/post-293086 And a couple more pictures:
  9. CortexM0

DRVM add 2024 2500 Rebel

Don't know it off hand. But going back over some pictures, it looks like it may be 68508050AD. Wiring is simple. Switched power to pins 4+11. Ground to pins 7+8. Coax from module to mirror, and from module to each camera.
  10. CortexM0

Tow Mode camera 2022 vs 2023

That's what I was expecting. Instead I got that strange aspect ratio zoomed out view.
  11. CortexM0

Based off what I'd read, I was expecting the camera to just pan down when put in reverse. Instead the entire view is zoomed out. Don't gain much horizontally, but the vertical is squashed to show more of what's above and below your normal field of view. Pics below... In drive: In reverse:
  12. CortexM0

For those that already have the older 2022 camera system installed on your trailer, it may be possible to switch to the newer (2023+) camera system without having to change out the cable on the trailer. The new camera uses the same connectors and can even mount in the same housing. So that's...
  13. CortexM0

I finally got around to pulling my camper out of storage and installing the new camera system. The new camera does not appear to work without the repeater.
  14. CortexM0

ISO-trailer camera kit for 2022 Ram 3500 that has trailer technology package.

For me, the two trailer camera systems provide very different functionality. I use the rear view mirror camera constantly while driving down the road, and use the 360 trailer camera when backing into a spot. For comparison, here's a photo that shows both simultaneously: The rear view mirror...
  15. CortexM0

2024 3500 tow mode camera

Did you get the "Digital Rear-View Mirror with Side Cameras"? Despite the misleading pictures on RAMs website, this is what gets the split view.