Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Clayinfl

1. Clayinfl

Lets see what you are towing!

How is it pulling? I cant tell in your pic if you are 3500 or 2500. I am very interested in the Z2900 as well. What is your real world Pin Weight on your trailer? I am looking at a gooseneck to keep the bed free.
  2. Clayinfl

2021 ram 2500 headache of problems

Another “ valuable” internet opinion.
  3. Clayinfl

Why Ram?

Drove all three, I liked the Ram best. At that point June 2023, Ram was the only one who would negotiate. I paid 11% under MSRP. Neither For nor GMC would come down at all. I have the gasser. I love it. I traded a Ram 1500 Hemi on it.
  4. Clayinfl

Terrible Towing pics thread

He needs a TOAD behind that class A! Wasting tow capacity.
  5. Clayinfl

Stake Pocket Covers are Gone

You might consider something like these. I use them frequently, plus they cover the hole. Bull rings.
  6. Clayinfl

6.4L Hemi information needed.

2500 with 4.10 rear here. Tow a 7800 pound bumper pull. You can likely manage any bumper pull trailer that you are looking at with the 2500, but the Fifth Wheels that you are rated to pull with a 2500’s payload are much more restrictive. I have a Laramie, so my payload is a little less than...
  7. Clayinfl

Blinker Cameras

Mine come on every time I use the turn signal.
  8. Clayinfl

Sorry, terrible post for a forum!

I know one should never post something this controversial on a forum, and I hoped I don’t get kicked off, but I just wanted to say at six months in, I LOVE MY TRUCK! It is one of my favorite vehicles I have ever owned.
  9. Clayinfl

Mopar Max Care Warranty Card?

I just went and looked, but nothing has a date on it other than start date and expiration. I couldn't remember how long after buying. I would guess a few weeks?
  10. Clayinfl

Dash blanket to keep glare down

I will give one a try. The glare off the shiny dash and trim stitching is awful in the Florida sun!
  11. Clayinfl

AlfaOBD

Someone else’s picture, but was very helpful hooking mine up.
  12. Clayinfl

2500 vs. 3500 (both with factory auto level rear air suspension) towing stability with 1,000 lb TW and 8,000 lb travel trailer

I cannot contrast the two models for you, but I tow a travel trailer like you described with a 2500 gasser. It is a very positive experience. My payload provides a lot of room.
  13. Clayinfl

Offering buyouts to 50% of salaried workers

Man, that’s a little harsh on children!
  14. Clayinfl

6.4 oil change issue-question

I have only changed my oil once so far, but I spilled a little and it pooled a little there on top of the cross member, and there is a little seam that some oil gathers in and dripped for a bit. Had to clean it thoroughly to avoid drips in the garage that I might confuse with a leak.
  15. Clayinfl

Where do you buy your Mopar parts?

They don’t seem to have a website. How do you order from them? Bring your own part number?