Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ClawSS

1. ClawSS

Dash Cam Recommendations

It is part of the camera...all one piece. Gives the ability to monitor and check camera alignment or use as playback and menu setup.
  2. ClawSS

Dash Cam Recommendations

I use Viofo in 3 of my vehicles.
  3. ClawSS

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

I keep all the strap/bungees, tools, tarps, etc. in one and try to keep the driver side empty....because, you know.....groceries. I figure with the size of one rambox, I can fit at least $500 worth of groceries in there...aka 1-week's worth.
  4. ClawSS

Thoughts and or suggestions

Is the Eco light on when this occurs? Do you think it is going into MDS mode creating a bit of vibration when running on 4-cylinders? If you give it a bit of gas, does it also go away?
  5. ClawSS

Terrible Towing pics thread

That there is an R - V , Clark!
  6. ClawSS

Are there more 6.4's on the road now?

Maybe soon my '22 6.4 Mega-Hemi Limited would be a sought after unicorn.
  7. ClawSS

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

500+ miles per week as a daily @ 12-13 mpg is absolutely brutal. My stable currently by age: I make bad financial decisions when it comes to vehicles, I guess. Restorer's Garage - 1967 GTO Conv. - 400ci 3-speed manual pure stock numbers matching bought by father 165,000 miles and undergoing...
  8. ClawSS

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

Anyone run the numbers on a Daily Driven "something else" vs just running your truck? You are now paying for fuel, maintenance (tires-oil-shocks, etc), & insurance on another vehicle + what you are paying on the truck. If you needed to buy the "other" outright then that could have been used to...
  9. ClawSS

Lane Keep Assist

I turned mine off on day 1....I think I turned it on once this year just to show the wife the annoyance....and right back off again. On country roads where you ride the middle more than in your lane, LKA creates a constant tug on the steering wheel.
  10. ClawSS

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Nothing against Wix....just against the XP version of it.
  11. ClawSS

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Yes, and just think how much more efficient the regular one would be at the same interval! The crux is the "bound and determined" 5k OCI. You stick to that and the XP is not the filter for you....you run 10-15k (please don't on a HEMI) and the XP could be something to think about.
  12. ClawSS

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

I agree 100%. I do all of my own maintenance...including my own aftermarket part installs (tint, PPF, and ceramic not included) and I will be tearing out the interior for the "kid in me" stereo install very soon. But I also think we all need to do our own investigation and come to our own...
  13. ClawSS

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

If you change your own oil, you are not going to avoid warranty issues. You will just need to be ready for the added complexity of the claim WHEN they occur, not if. Secondly if you live on BITOG like I do, you will come to find out that Wix is not the Wix of old... I bring this up since I was...