Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Chuck754

1. Chuck754

Anderson WDH w a 38' TT? Edit: Bumper Pull

I’m sure everyone knows by now that Anderson 5th wheel hitch was in a law suit following an accident several years ago-and there are strong opinions about that hitch. But Anderson also makes a WDH for travel trailers that has revolutionized the TT industry (use of lighter weight components to...
  2. Chuck754

3500 continuous, rhythmic bounce on concrete highway

I had extreme hopping with a Canyon diesel 6’ bed with Timbren stops on the rear pulling a 6000 lb trailer. Happened only on concrete roads and smoothed out on asphalt. I concluded that it was a combination of tongue weight and light truck bed weight aggravated by Timbren bounce. I ended up...
  3. Chuck754

My new to me 2020 Ram 2500

I love the Revos 3. They are quiet and drive well. The only issue is Costco will put in 80lbs in the rear tires based on maximum manufacture payload. For a HD that isn’t hauling the max it’s grossly over inflated. Instead of arguing with them I simply adjusted to 65lbs all around.
  4. Chuck754

Utilizing 2” hitch in 2.5” HD receiver

Nope-in the group that did not get one. But found a brand new Jeep tow strap and front grill cover. Maybe I’m ahead! Ha
  5. Chuck754

Ah okay, didn’t know that. I bought my Big Horn used but I will check compartments again and under the passenger seat. Thanks
  6. Chuck754

I upgraded to a HD Ram but my Andersen hitch, my bike rack, my motorcycle carrier and my hitchsafe all use 2” receivers. I currently have a 4” rack on my Andersen hitch and won’t really know until I can get to the trailer (currently snowed-in at storage) to measure whether or not I need an 8”...
  7. Chuck754

Experience with "roll up \ aluminum" type covers

Got it. Thanks for the heads up-I’ll keep an eye out for the vinyl to lift. They apparently need to use a different glue or more of it because I noticed their logo on top of the vinyl is coming off my week old cover. I hope that’s not a sign of things to come!
  8. Chuck754

Adding camera to Digital Rearview Mirror

Here is another thought. If your travel trailer has a pre-wired for Furrion camera mount you can buy a wireless camera that fits the mount and a remote digital display that fits over your existing mirror essentially by-passing your current mirror when towing. There are several companies that...
  9. Chuck754

Stake pocket rack

An inexpensive rail system for a truck with a tonneau cover is to buy a uni-strut from a hardware store. A 10 ft strut is about $20 maybe less for the lighter weight one. They are used for various applications but mostly for holding conduit or plumbing. They can be cut to length, have caps for...
  10. Chuck754

Experience with "roll up \ aluminum" type covers

I had that issue with my BAK Revolver roll up-where the black nylon fabric fell off during hot weather. I just ordered another one from Real Truck and was pleasantly surprised that they have upgraded the fabric to a black rubber that is fixed to the aluminum slots underneath which will solve my...
  11. Chuck754

Switched Circuit In Overhead Console

I just completed the installation of a VAVA dash cam in my HD 2500 Ram. I utizilied the switched circuit in the overhead console. Thought I would share a YouTube video of the installation which identifies the purple switched wire to tap into for a switched power source.
  12. Chuck754

My 6th Ram (2nd HD)

Welcome from Washington State. Look forward to hear how you like your Ram 2500.
  13. Chuck754

My new to me 2020 Ram 2500

Hey Crimecruncher, Welcome--I just bought a 2020 HD too. I traded a GMC Canyon diesel for this Big Horn Crew Cab with 28K miles-just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I purchased from a dealership in the Tri Cities, WA last week which is about 150 miles south of where I live--got 24 mpg...