Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by cdntrucker

1. C

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

Prerequisite here is that one has emptied the vehicle from any electronic devices, and/or have turned off the devices and placed them in a pouch where you have carefully tested that no cell, wifi or bluetooth data can enter or leave. To stop EMF signal polution in cabin and to control...
  2. C

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

Yes, support from underneath the tank but there is no plan at this time for a strap to go over the tank. Due to the design of the tank there seems to be no practical way to use a strap from the top side for securing the front of the tank. The plan is for the support to hug the tank on its inner...
  3. C

Quick progress update on brackets. There is an inner and an outer part. The outer part currently has a cutout to save on 3D print filament as fitment is being refined. The support that will be added to the outer part will be curved to fit perfectly around the tank much like a strap normally...
  4. C

Appreciate the update. The 3D model of the bolt-on section of the frame is done. Been getting familiarized with working with sheet metal in SolidWorks. Should have a 3D render to share in the not too distant future. It should be possible to make these brackets for around $120USD. It will be...
  5. C

Zenfully waiting for parts. As of recent I'm working with a local fabricator to make a custom bracket to hold the tank in lieu of the front fuel tank strap. This will be similar to the Titan bracket but will provide exact fitment for the design of the RAM tanks. Once this is finalized it will...
  6. C

Right. The two straps are ~42" apart. The DEF tank mount is much further. Thanks for the detailed clarifications. Seems at this point a similar mount to that of the Titan tanks suggested by ThatAlbertaGuy might be able to do the job. This approach might also need another type of strapping to...
  7. C

Found photos of a 2022 RAM 3500 BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X4 Frame Assembly 50 gallon tank with the additional cross member. The cross member looks bottom mounted which would appear to contradict our expectations that the strap is top mounted similar to the first rear strap. VIN: 3C63RRHLXNG177591...
  8. C

If this is helpful, here's a VIN for 2022 RAM 2500 BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X4 8ft BOX 50 GALLON Tank. 3C6UR5JJ4NG157245 If we can get the frame diagram or photo for this one it would be ideal to compare with the 6ft box frame.
  9. C

Those diagrams are nice. They each list 44 part numbers for each frame assembly part call out. While the frame assembly part number is different, it's not identified in a diagram what the difference is. It'd be nice to see a photo of the part we're missing. I'm not in automotive manufacturing...
  10. C

Part #7 in diagram might be the crossmember that is added for 8ft boxes. Still looking for actual photo of long box frame. https://www.carid.com/ram-oe/frame-crossmember-mpn-52121444af.html
  11. C

I'm not convinced an additional cross member exists on long box frames. I used a VIN for a long box and MOPAR was listing the same frames as CCSB. Here are the stock frame assemblies I could find for 2022. ----- 68534506AB - $11,675 2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn, Laramie, Limited, Limited Longhorn...
  12. C

Here are more photos of the tank, specifically the underside. The first strap from the rear remains in the same position for both sizes. From the rear, the strap locations for the 50 gal are at 12" and ~53"-54". They are spaced approximately 42" apart. Comparatively, the 31 gal straps are at...
  13. C

It's a big commitment for parts that can't be returned to boot. I haven't found any other pictures or measurements of the 50 gallon tank so that's why they were posted here. The quoted price for labor is very reasonable I agree. There's another user on here that has ordered all the parts so...
  14. C

Standard box. These parts work on both LB and SB.
  15. C

Sorry, can't provide you with much more detailed advice as it hasn't been done yet. We're on the cusp of it though. To do this one needs to get all the parts on the list. It's a complete swap.