Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ccm3rd

1. C

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Pump replacement is completed! All seems to be functioning as it was before the leak occured. Job bills out at 1.2 hours which is surprising but the previous recall work had relocated the ECM so I guess it becomes a simpler R&R job. Regardless it's all fixed up. Things I learned during the...
  2. C

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I had my pump recall completed last August and did realize an improvement in MPG. Nice to not worry about a potential pump failure anymore. However after 4000 miles a leak in the fuel system developed towards the back of the engine. And the leak was large enough to require towing the truck...
  3. C

Probably not part of the tech pub they are following. "Unauthorized work" is my guess. If they don't look I want the old part to tear apart in my garage. If nothing else just a science project. Attached is a pic I found on the web of a CP4 and CP3. Looks to me remove a few bolts and it's...
  4. C

I've got mine scheduled for July 7th. I'll definitely ask they dissect the pump to look for wear. From what I gather on the web the failures and wear are visible prior to a catastrophic pump failure. I can see an argument starting too when I see galled rollers and they look to the ceiling and...
  5. C

Odd how they are slow rolling this repair. And does anyone know exactly what the fix is to the CP4? A CP3? Seems looking at the 2021 and 2022 models it's a CP3 pump with some manifold changes for plumbing.
  6. C

50 Gallon Tank TSB - 14-002-20

That’s true. But if you have them change the option to a 50 gallon tank so the DTE is correct you must change the sending unit or it’s way off. Good lesson I learned and the dealer reverted me to the stock 31 gallon option config for free and my gauge works now. I can do the math in my head for...
  7. C

I haven’t done the sending unit and reverted the program back to the 31 gallon config. DTE is good for bit gauge works now. And the service manager came to the conclusion the 50 gallon tank must have a different sending unit.
  8. C

At least the gauge worked before. Now less than 1/2 tank of fuel reads just below full.
  9. C

Exactly. I went from 140 miles to empty to low fuel in about 5 miles. Back to the dealership.
  10. C

I expected some inaccuracy due to tank geometry but not as much as I see now. Thinking of having the dealer revert the setting back to the 31 gallon and stop looking at the DTE number. At least the gauge worked.
  11. C

Also the DTE updated and will show 800+ miles to empty but drive 400 miles and it will still show the same DTE within 50 miles or so.
  12. C

I replaced the 31 gallon tank in my 2020 3500 with a Titan 55 gallon and DTE was way off. Fuel gauge worked well. Had the dealer update the options for my truck to the larger tank (50 gallon) as I thought the DTE would update and it did. Now the fuel gauge is way off. The gauge read almost full...